People have been banned for saying things in Tinychat.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

They can if you use UG to plan it. But other than that I doubt it.
Last edited by geanes at Aug 13, 2010,
couldn't you just not use your UG name if you are worried about getting banned?
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Quote by dylan08

There'd be too much similarity either way. You'd have to act like a completely different person, and not tell people you know who you are.
Last edited by geanes at Aug 13, 2010,
Quote by genghisgandhi
I was playing Transformice with guys from UG, and JackalUK (a mod) came into the room. So I was wondering, can mods, or will mods, ban people for stuff they do outside of UG?
Grey area, really.
If you identify yourself as a UGer and harass people on other sites, it seems likely they would have reasonable cause to warn or ban you on UG.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I doubt I ever would unless it was something major like scamming money or something in case you tried it here. Beyond that no unless you use UG as a base to do it.
Nah. Unless you use UG to plan it or advertise that you are doing it as a UG member like posting "UG FTW" at the bottom of a trolling post on another forum or something.

I don't care if you bang your sister in real life, as long as you don't write "UG FTW" across her chest.
Quote by dylan08
Or just don't be a dick. That would work too.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The only time we would normally warn/ban a user for something they do on another site is if they use UG to plan a raid on another site. Or if a bunch of users start spamming up someone's Youtube video. Or Wikipedia.

If you're playing a game and being a jerk I wouldn't do anything.
^ Either that, or if users are using means outside of UG to plan raids on UG itself. For example, a bunch of people playing Transformice started spamming the Pit with "Hamsterduck" threads a few days ago. If I'd been on Transformice while they were planning that, I might have taken action.

Other than things pertaining UG itself, which is after all the only place UG mods are responsible for, we basically can't and won't do anything.
Actually, it has been known to happen. Carmel once banned somebody from their own forum, while at the same time being completely unaware of it.

True story. It's in her blogs somewhere.
Quote by Colohue
Actually, it has been known to happen. Carmel once banned somebody from their own forum, while at the same time being completely unaware of it.

True story. It's in her blogs somewhere.

i remember that one. He wasn't too pleased
Just as long as you don't give us the rep like that of 4chan. Which is why the TinyChat room that I use is password protected from other spammers and troller. Plus I am sure Carmel is just teasing when she says she is gonna ban you on TinyChat, never seen her on Transformice.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
that's an awesome question...

I guess if someone I knew who had scammed people before on eBay or another forum, and then in the hope they could 'sell' stuff in the advertising section joined UG, then I might ban them.

Or more likely wuss out and tell Carmel.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
^ Either that, or if users are using means outside of UG to plan raids on UG itself. For example, a bunch of people playing Transformice started spamming the Pit with "Hamsterduck" threads a few days ago. If I'd been on Transformice while they were planning that, I might have taken action.

Yeah that too.