I've got the specifications for my new Telecaster that a very small company based in Greece is building for me. Here they are:

• 2-piece Swamp Ash body
  • Maple neck, Ebony fretboard, 12" radius with medium jumbo frets
  • Chest and arm contour
  • Body Varnish over Custom Pyrography (the reason for this thread)
  • Tele style Gotoh single coil modern bridge
  • Kluson modern tuners
  • Tusq nut
  • Black 3-ply pickguard
  • 250K Japanese pots
  • Jack switchcraft made in USA
  • CRL 3-way switch made in USA
  • Harry Haussel Big Mag single coil pick-ups
  • Orange drop fuse
  • Killswitch

All this will cost in the region of €1100. It will be hand made from 'ready parts' that the luthier, NS Custom Guitars, will source directly from a Fender distributor.

They are the most mannerly and pleasant people to deal with, NS Custom Guitars. I recommend them highly, particularly if you are interested in Koch amplifiers, handmade Strats/Teles/anything, and other rare, boutique products.

Now, this is the point of the thread. I am trying to decide which of these designs to go for with my guitar. A tattoo artist known as Thomas works for NS Custom Guitars as a Pyrography artist. Here are a few examples of his work.

The proposed designs are listed below. Let me know what you all think!

This is on top of the list.

This is another one on top of the list.

maybe it's been a long day but that random horse at the end cracked me up. I think the third last pic looks the best though, kinda ties it all in nicely and isn't cut off.
I like the first one the best, although if it was me i wouldn't want DBz branded into my guitar but as i say that's just me
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Yeah, the horse was my first idea. It's the 'White Pony' from Deftones' third album.

Dragonball Z was the most epic thing to me when I was young - just like it was to others - and it still is today, even at the approaching age of 22. I can see why some wouldn't want a character burned into their expensive guitar, but it means a lot to me.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Yeah, the horse was my first idea. It's the 'White Pony' from Deftones' third album.

Yeah i did think that actually.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I have to admit I laughed out loud when I saw Dragon Ball Z mocked up on a natural finish tele. Definitely unique, thats for sure. From a design standpoint, I'd go with the second one. It seems to fit best with the layout of the hardware.
I'd rather have Bardock adorning an Explorer

Like SSJ Gohan, and SSJ3 Goku the best.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Why would you put all that contact info on the guitar?
It's cool that you're advertising your friend, but on your guitar...really?
It just looks really silly to me.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Why would you put all that contact info on the guitar?
It's cool that you're advertising your friend, but on your guitar...really?
It just looks really silly to me.

I'm pretty sure that's just a watermark on the mock-ups and wont actually be on the finished product.
I say either the second one (Gohan, I think) or the second to last (Goku). The SS3 Goku is really cool, but it almost looks too busy.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
<Kid at show>: Hey, Bill, what's the tone rating for that telecaster?
<Bill>: It's OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
Quote by AngryGoldfish

Dragonball Z was the most epic thing to me when I was young - just like it was to others - and it still is today, even at the approaching age of 22. I can see why some wouldn't want a character burned into their expensive guitar, but it means a lot to me.

I like the White Pony.. well I guess it's the Black Pony now .

Also the first DBZ.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Copaman

Haha!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by \m/snoogans\m/
I'm pretty sure that's just a watermark on the mock-ups and wont actually be on the finished product.

That could be true.
But it just seems like it was purposely positioned where it is, especially how it's moved from the rear to the front.
It's shrunken down so it fits perfectly in that spot above the pickguard, which is what made me suspicious.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I'd have to go with #2, but I'm a big Gohan fan and have the same image tattoo'd on my arm. First one is pretty cool too. Actually, any of the DBZs would be sweet, except for the one of Gogeta, not digging the fusion earring in the image.
Quote by stykerwolf
i gotta say... the pony, you might end up regretting something even if it means the world to you.

I know I wouldn't regret something that means the world to me...

Would you regret music?
Quote by shunut
I'd have to go with #2, but I'm a big Gohan fan and have the same image tattoo'd on my arm. First one is pretty cool too. Actually, any of the DBZs would be sweet, except for the one of Gogeta, not digging the fusion earring in the image.

What I don't dig about the Gogeta pics is that they cut off at the bottom. But yeah, the Potara earring kinda throws you off since you can only see one of them.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 14, 2010,
The signature will NOT be on the final design, anywhere.

The Potara earrings won't be on that design if I don't want them there. I simply specify that I don't want them there and, when Thomas starts on the actual design in a couple of months, the earrings will be left out.

The only problem with the pony, apart from the fact that it's black and not white , is the fact that the one that faces the ORIGINAL direction doesn't look right on the guitar at all. I don't want to use that one particularly because of that.

Also

Quote by Copaman

Quote by stykerwolf
i gotta say... the pony, you might end up regretting something even if it means the world to you.
Of course that COULD happen, absolutely. That's why I wanted to go with DBZ: because even after almost ten years, it still means a lot to me. Deftones have only been a part of my life for four years. DBZ has been a part of my life for almost ten years.

I don't want to have the artist just drawn me a load of random conceptual art when it has no bearing on my life. I'm treating it like a tattoo; something that will remain on your body forever - it has to be something momentous to you.
Quote by Copaman

t3h r0flz.
In a crooked little town,
They were lost and never found.
Fallen leaves, fallen leaves, fallen leaves,
On the ground.