Yea, im the same guy that went to BFMV with my mom ( kickass show, Airbourne , Chiodos, and Arcanium were great too!!! Check them out if you get a chance)
Anyway, My mom convinced my dad to take me to American Carnage. I've got general admission tickets for the floor, and the shows tommorow. Any tips on how to get the best spots???
Thanks!!!!
Go early? And make a dash for it?
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Use your brain to send electromagnetic waves to your legs to run.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Go early.
Slowly nudge your way through the space between people when you see the opportunity.
Sometimes saying "excuse me" actually works.
And for the love of god, don't be one of those fucking pricks who think they own the damn place and just push through the crowd disregarding everyone else around them.
get your ass there early, then, barge through.
Ain't bloody hard.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Don't try and get up front, it's unfair on your dad. He's got weak knees at his age.
haha you go to concerts with your parents

Oh wait

I'm going to see Rush with my dad next month.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Does this mean your mom's home alone?

Better get my act together

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I love how you have a Gibson Flying V and 2 Mesa Boogies but went to see BMFV with your mom.

Quote by burndttoast
Go early.
Slowly nudge your way through the space between people when you see the opportunity.
Sometimes saying "excuse me" actually works.
And for the love of god, don't be one of those fucking pricks who think they own the damn place and just push through the crowd disregarding everyone else around them.

This. Don't moan at the person in front of you they won't let you through near the front either.
How tall are you? I went and saw Coheed/Circa Surive a couple months ago (general admin.) and I could see just fine (I'm about 5'6). Besides, you're going to get pushed a moved around a lot unless you're at the very front, in which case you just get pushed against the gate.

Quote by Chrisiphone
Does this mean your mom's home alone?

Better get my act together
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Last edited by Metalology at Aug 13, 2010,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I love how you have a Gibson Flying V and 2 Mesa Boogies but went to see BMFV with your mom.

Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I got general admission for one show I've ever been too and it was my favorite band in the world, Rush.

I got front row.

I waited in line for 12 hours.

Bring some sammiches.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

If you want the best sound, stand in front of the sound desk.

Quote by ChucklesMginty

So what, I went with my mum to see Whitesnake & Def Leppard also, she bought the tickets and asked me if I wanted to go with.
Last edited by GezzyDiversion at Aug 13, 2010,
Like people have said just squeeze your way through to the front. Good luck staying there the whole show
Quote by GezzyDiversion
If you want the best sound, stand in front of the sound desk.

So what, I went with my mum to see Whitesnake & Def Leppard also, she bought the tickets and asked me if I wanted to go with.

Maybe because TS is 13 and has ridiculously expensive gear.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Maybe because TS is 13 and has ridiculously expensive gear.

I get this all the time :P
Most of it is my dads. The 2 mesas, the peavey mx, and one Les Paul Custom is my dads. I have a Gibson Flying V, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Bc Rich Acrylic Mockingbird, and a Vypyr 15. I left out a bit, but most of it is on my profile. I bought all of my gear, except for the Gibsons.

Also, what time is the best time to buy concert T-shirts? My mom gave me some money so I could get one or two for my B-day
Quote by ChucklesMginty

Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
I tend to wait until the band has started and use pits/surges to get to the front but if your with your pop just hang out near the sound desk, sound quality tends to get worse the closer you get anyway

front is where the worst sound is and where it is usually tightly packed and the most likely place to get hurt and be on the receiving end of a flying bottle of piss.
Usually I will stand between the sound desk and the start of the pit.

each to their own.
I think I win best concert attended with family, last year I went to High on Fire/Converge/Mastodon/Dethklok with my dad
Quote by lolmnt
My parents have never even gone to one of my shows let alone go with me to see anyone.
Quote by burnboy85
I get this all the time :P
Most of it is my dads. The 2 mesas, the peavey mx, and one Les Paul Custom is my dads. I have a Gibson Flying V, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Bc Rich Acrylic Mockingbird, and a Vypyr 15. I left out a bit, but most of it is on my profile. I bought all of my gear, except for the Gibsons.

You're still spoiled as fuck.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
i went like 3 or 4 hours early for Tool and got right up front so yea. just go early and it's no problem.

oh, and if some short fat guy tells you and your friend(or in this case, your dad) to move 5 feet to the side so he can squeeze in, for the love of god say no.
best spot... seriously is just in front of the sound guy... don't believe me. he has the perfect spot in the venue. the speakers will be pointing at him.

stand in front of him... you'll hear the best sound mix and noone will mess with you. makes it easier to go to the bar and come back to the same place too.

when i go see a band i always stand there. makes more sense to hear a good version of the band and see them clearer than stand and stare at matt tucks sweaty sack for an hour and a half
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by asator
You're still spoiled as fuck.

Agreed.

Yes, we are all jealous. But that doesn't justify how spoiled you are.
All these people that want to stand in front of the sound desk...

How is that enjoyable at all? If I wanted to get perfect sound quality I'd listen to the CD. At a show I want to enjoy myself, so I'm more likely to get down the front, jump about like a fanny, sing along, get mic grabs etc. Show the band I care. Either you lot are pretty easily pleased or you're slightly claustrophobic. Or maybe you're just boring.
Quote by asator
All these people that want to stand in front of the sound desk...

How is that enjoyable at all? If I wanted to get perfect sound quality I'd listen to the CD. At a show I want to enjoy myself, so I'm more likely to get down the front, jump about like a fanny, sing along, get mic grabs etc. Show the band I care. Either you lot are pretty easily pleased or you're slightly claustrophobic. Or maybe you're just boring.

or maybe my idea of fun with my friends isn't going to a show and getting bashed around for 2-3 hours..

i'd much prefer to have a laugh with them, you make the night what you want. generally when i go to a gig, there's me and a group of about 10 people, we have a good laugh, we went to see A7X last time they were here, the guys (the group is 50/50) made a pyramid and one of the girls got on top and flashed the band.. the people at the front were pissed that Zacky noticed the effort we'd gone to get that. so we got a shout out. we were well happy with that.

tl;dr i go to a gid to have a good time with friends. not get bashed and pushed

Sparxedit:

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I think I win best concert attended with family, last year I went to High on Fire/Converge/Mastodon/Dethklok with my dad

i went to the black crusade with my mum and dad, Arch Enemy, Trivium, Machine Head, Dragonforce, Shadows Fall

me and my mum went to see Michael buble (most expensive gig ive been to) 5th row back tickets were £150 for the both of us (her xmas present)
i'm Ginger its fun
Last edited by Sparky-MMA at Aug 13, 2010,
Quote by Sparky-MMA
or maybe my idea of fun with my friends isn't going to a show and getting bashed around for 2-3 hours..

i'd much prefer to have a laugh with them, you make the night what you want. generally when i go to a gig, there's me and a group of about 10 people, we have a good laugh, we went to see A7X last time they were here, the guys (the group is 50/50) made a pyramid and one of the girls got on top and flashed the band.. the people at the front were pissed that Zacky noticed the effort we'd gone to get that. so we got a shout out. we were well happy with that.

tl;dr i go to a gid to have a good time with friends. not get bashed and pushed

Fair enough, but most of that stuff happens in the centre of a crowd, not infront of the desk. I mean people who just stand with their arms folded at the back of the venue and tell themselves they're having a better time than everybody else.
Go early.

Try not to get a spot to close to the speakers or your eardrums will get blasted and the sound will be distorted. Also don't go right up to the front if there's any movement of the crowd you'll get squished
Quote by asator
Fair enough, but most of that stuff happens in the centre of a crowd, not infront of the desk. I mean people who just stand with their arms folded at the back of the venue and tell themselves they're having a better time than everybody else.

yeah we're a bunch of immature 20somethings though (granted ive only just turned 20 but im the baby of the group)

we do that sorta thing all the time. we have to be mature in our general lives, so while we're out having a good time with music or whatever we turn into 15 year olds. its awesome. and with work and such can't show up with a black eye with no obvious explanation (most work places don't understand how brutal a british pit can be)
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by Sparky-MMA

i went to the black crusade with my mum and dad, Arch Enemy, Trivium, Machine Head, Dragonforce, Shadows Fall

me and my mum went to see Michael buble (most expensive gig ive been to) 5th row back tickets were £150 for the both of us (her xmas present)

I was going for how heavy the show was, in which case I'm still winning
Quote by lolmnt