I was thinking about getting humbucker COVERS for my Les Paul special 2.

Can you put humbucker COVERS on any Les Paul? And if not, is there any other way I can upgrade my guitar cheaply?
the stretchy yam
e|----x-----|
b|----5-----|
g|----x-----|
d|----10---|
a|----0-----|
e|----0-----|
An unnecessary Am chord

I has Encore strat, specail 2 les paul, a classic guitar, ebow, Vox v845 Classic wah wah pedal WBO pedal
Last edited by jamesclark111 at Aug 13, 2010,
I would suggest saving your money and buying a new guitar instead of sinking cash into that one.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
I would suggest saving your money and buying a new guitar instead of sinking cash into that one.

agree. new pickups would cost about what the guitar is worth and honestly those are bottom of the barrel and notrelly worth upgrading.
Quote by monwobobbo
agree. new pickups would cost about what the guitar is worth and honestly those are bottom of the barrel and notrelly worth upgrading.

+1000

Save your money and buy a new guitar. That guitar is a bottom line beginner guitar and isn't worth the money to upgrade. Besides, a new set of pups would cost more than what it's worth anyway.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by monwobobbo

Ok, I'm not talking about REAL pickups. I'm talking about the humbucker COVERS
the stretchy yam
e|----x-----|
b|----5-----|
g|----x-----|
d|----10---|
a|----0-----|
e|----0-----|
An unnecessary Am chord

I has Encore strat, specail 2 les paul, a classic guitar, ebow, Vox v845 Classic wah wah pedal WBO pedal
There's nothing that pickup covers do, period. Some people claim they can hear a slight difference in tone, but that's far more likel to be because when they put the pickups back in after putting covers on, they didn't set them to the same height as before.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by jamesclark111
Ok, I'm not talking about REAL pickups. I'm talking about the humbucker COVERS

sure you can but just curious as to why.

just for the record pickup covers do keep alot of dirt and crap out of your pickups so they do "something". also they do cause a very minor drop in the signal which may affect the treble respnse a hair. the story goes that clapton changed his tone when he removed the pickup covers back in the 60s. i guess there is a hairs worth of truth to this but honestly i doubt most of us would be able to hear the difference if there is any.
As it's been said, it's pointless and not really an upgrade to put covers on crappy pups.

Can I ask, what's with the caps?