hello
on my usa fender strat everytime i go to bend the notes around the 12th,13th,14th,15th frets up a whole step the note dies out, it doesnt when i bend it a half step, i want to know why its doing this? and how i can fix it!

thanks in advance
www.myspace.com/the3nvy

Fender '04 USA Strat-->Boss CS-3-->Vox Satchurator-->EHX Big Muff-->Boss NS-2-->Behringer Vintage Phaser-->Boss Super Chorus-->EHX Memory Boy-->Marshall 80watt Valvestate
You may need to raise the action - the height of the strings from the fretboard. You can do that by using an Allen key on the two posts of each saddle at the bridge, though you may need to also adjust the intonation afterwards.
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT touch your truss rod unless you KNOW what you're doing.
If you do, then ok

Actually the first thing I would recommend would be to change your strings. Your strings may be dead. sometimes you lose the ability to bend at the higher frets with dead strings.

You could most certainly raise your action if you wanted to. The guide at the top of the forum page will tell you how.

If worst comes to worst and it's a problem with the neck then and only then do you touch your truss rod.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Last edited by guitarnoob_100 at Aug 13, 2010,
Low action + small radius = fret out. Unless you want to get your neck re-radiused, you'll have to raise the action. Don't even bother screwing up your truss rod over it, it will have little to no effect on the 12 - 15th frets.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an