Hey, im looking start a practice schedule which consists of about 1-2 hours
ive just started to learn some advanced legato styles an would like to improve my sweeping which is very poor at the moment :P i like to play a variety of everything!
so an suggestions?

thanks in advance
www.myspace.com/the3nvy

Fender '04 USA Strat-->Boss CS-3-->Vox Satchurator-->EHX Big Muff-->Boss NS-2-->Behringer Vintage Phaser-->Boss Super Chorus-->EHX Memory Boy-->Marshall 80watt Valvestate
thanks for that, but i'd like an idea on how long i should practice each element ?
www.myspace.com/the3nvy

Fender '04 USA Strat-->Boss CS-3-->Vox Satchurator-->EHX Big Muff-->Boss NS-2-->Behringer Vintage Phaser-->Boss Super Chorus-->EHX Memory Boy-->Marshall 80watt Valvestate
Keep practicing it until your fingers get tired, or until you get bored, whichever comes first. Seriously, practice is about you, not how long you should practice something.
I make myself practice for a minimum of 2 hours a day. This is a new schedule I devised a few days ago so I can't tell you how effective it is, but I will tell you it's the most fun one I've tried in the last couple months.

I. Warm-Up/Technical Exercises
- Note location: 5 min
- Chromatic exercises on single string: 5 min
- Chromatic exercises in a position: 5 min
- Spider: 5 min (go look up Steve Vai 10 hour workout, in the technique hour, it's the one with the sort of.. diagonal chromatics, if that makes sense. Really good alternate picking workout)

I've been using that warm-up for awhile now and changing up the exercises. My alternate picking technique is infinitely better than it was before I started those exercises, as is my left hand economy and finger independence.

II. Musicianship
- Ear training: 10-15 minutes
- Transcription: 10-15 minutes
- Theory flashcards: 10-15 minutes (use for circle of fifths, etc.)
- Improvising: 10-15 minutes

III. Vocabulary
- Arpeggios: 10 minutes (learning all positions of seventh arpeggios.. )
- Old Material: 20+ minutes
- New Material: 20+ minutes

That's basically it. I think this is the best one I've come up with yet. A lot of technique is taken care of in the old material/new material section, which is basically for learning new licks/songs and maintaining old ones.