Hey guys, I'm getting a new guitar soon and Im not sure which to get. Currently I have eliminated my choices down to:

Schecter Syn Custom/Standard
Dean ML 79 F (modded with D-Sonic and Air Norton)

Which would you recommend getting? Also if there are any other you would recommend getting for the same price range ($800-$1000), can you list them? Thanks guys.
Schecter Syn Custom/Standard
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
Thing is that I play everything from like paramore-devil wears prada, so which would be better for versatility?
Hm. I'd go with the Dean myself simply because I love my lower-model Dean MLX and heard the '79s were leaps and bound above it, and I hear Air Nortons are great for cleans, but I've no idea about the D Sonic. Does it come with the stock pickups?
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
No its used, and the owner replaced the stocks with the petrucci pickups so they are killer. I have played both, but at different stores so Its hard to compare. And no one on the internet has a comparision of the sound in an actual video.
Ah. =/ Hm, well, if you like the tone I'd go for it. Go by feel too, feel's probably the second biggest aspect of buying a guitar, an uncomfortable guitar with dream pickups in it really isn't much better than a comfortable guitar with so-so pickups. =P All depends on if you like V bottoms or not here.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Oh, wait...dude, don't get that ML if he's charging 800 or above for it used. They're $550 new from the Dean site, and I really doubt those pickups cost $250...XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Quote by britishsligean
have a look at ibanez rg prestiges, or esp ltd deluxe's

Yea. For 800 to 1000 there are way better guitars. I recommend looking for a used Ibanez RG 550. Also, you may be able to find a used ESP M-II for just under a thousand, and I guarantee that is one of the best guitars you will ever play. I have one and love the hell out of it. I also have a Dean and dislike the neck compared to the ESP.
I would go for the Schecter as the shape of the dean doesen't appeal to me, may i suggest you look at the ESP LTD Deluxe range (mainly the MH1000's)
And for the colour of the syn custom should go white/gold, black/red, or black/silver?
I'd go either white/gold or black/silver.

The black/red just looks too... too much. I don't know.

Whether you get the Schecter, or you find something else you like, I wouldn't get the Dean. Just saying. You almost always pay for more than you get with them.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Get the Dean, great guitar
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John