When you see + it usually is telling you to use an augmented 5th, so it would be R-3-#5-b7.
Quote by jsepguitar
When you see + it usually is telling you to use an augmented 5th, so it would be R-3-#5-b7.

This. Its a Dominant chord with an augmented fifth

x

could be a possible voicing for it
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
So I'm playing this 3-2-1-0-0-3. No, scratch that I need to flatten the 7th. Anyone know how to play this?

Also I need a Do which I'm taking as D dim and I think I should be playing it x-x-0-1-0-1. Is this right?
Thanks zinnie, sorry I didn't see your post. I'm playing open chords mostly, can I play this lower down?

(The context is I want to play 'I love you just the way you are for someone very special... These two chords are stumping me.)
G B D# F

possibly? its a hard position but meh, give that a try Ill see if I can figure out another one, perhaps easier
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Thanks zinnie, but I couldn't do that, not in a million years. Small hands. However I have been playing it as a G, and it doesn't sound all that bad...

Strange.

Any ideas on the Do?
If that fingering isnt possible, just try muting the B string, it should work
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
time to get out that fretboard note map!

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
hmm, Im not sure how else then, sorry if Im no help =/ maybe with some time I can figure it out
Schecter Damien FR
Boss GE-7 EQ
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by smittenj
Thanks zinnie, but I couldn't do that, not in a million years. Small hands. However I have been playing it as a G, and it doesn't sound all that bad...

Strange.

Any ideas on the Do?

I have tiny hands too, prob smaller than yours. Anything is possible.

If it sounds alright as just a G, try adding in the augmented fifth only and see how much closer it sounds, or try the same for the flat 7.

orr try playing it this way

e-1 (F)
B-0 (B)
G-0 (G)
D-1 (D#)
A-2 (B)
E-3 (G)

sounds ugly :P

I use my pinky 3rd fret low E, ring second fret A, middle first fret D and index on the first fret of high e

I coudlnt really think of anyway to keep this an open chord and have the flat 7 in there and I dont think you want an inversion.

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Last edited by glenthemann at Aug 13, 2010,
OK I've worked out the G7+ is most definitely supposed to be a G maj 7th. Not only does it sound better, but it has the distinct advantage that I can play it.

And the Do is a C. Go figure.

Thanks for the help anyway!