im looking into a new mic for my amp. atm im using an old shure beta 98/s. but with my new amp, im wanting someting better to capture the sound alot cleaner and crisper.

any suggestions on what tp look into?
Staying with Shure I'd go with the SM-57, used them in uni for all my recording work and I'm about to get one myself for my birthday
I'll just join in on this... I have some type of shure, can't remember but it's like a $50 mic or something.

I always see the Shure SM-57 and Sennheiser e609 recommended as good mics for a decent price but I don't know anything about how they're different.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Although I do own an SM57 and use it for all of my recording stuff, I would trade it (and some cash) in a heartbeat for a Shure SM27 or a Sennheiser e906 (or e609 if you don't really want to spend as much).
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Quote by walruscore
Although I do own an SM57 and use it for all of my recording stuff, I would trade it (and some cash) in a heartbeat for a Shure SM27 or a Sennheiser e906 (or e609 if you don't really want to spend as much).

Is there a major difference between the SM27 and e906? Just noticed they're about $100 apart in price...
I have a huge fear if rays.
The SM27 is a condensor while the e906 is a dynamic. The 27 also has a range of 20-20,000 Hz while the e906 has a range of 40-18,000 Hz. Generally the SM27 is just a better microphone while the e906 is specifically for instrument micing.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Ess Emm Fiddy Seven.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
yeah, the SM57 was bang on my thinking for the money im wanting to spend. great to see you guys agree. SM57 it is then.

cheers