I was considering getting this amp but every review states that it is extremely loud and as i would only be using it in my bedroom most of the time,it sounds unsuitable.Can anyone reccomend a good amp of similar price that would be suitable for bedroom use as well.
Thanks
It's a terrible amp, don't bother.

Budget?
Tube or SS?
Willing to go used?
Location?
Type of music that you play?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
i live in the republic of ireland,my budget is between 400 and 500 euro(550 if it is worth it,maybe a bit more)I play mainly classic rock like gnr,acdc as well as some modern stuff like muse and qotsa,Tube or solid state i dont really mind and i would go used but to get an amp shipped to ireland costs too much
Last edited by pmk1995 at Aug 13, 2010,
If you're not going to use the clean often i suggest the Peavey 6505+ Combo 60W Tube Amp since the cleans on that amp isn't the best and it is 470 Euros.
He wont need that amount of gain.

Look into the Marshall DSL50. That should cover everything that you want to do almost perfectly (those artists have all used marshalls at one point or another) and the combos are pretty nicely priced if I remember rightly.
Quote by pmk1995
Can anyone reccomend a good amp of similar price that would be suitable for bedroom use as well.
Quote by SilverRock113
If you're not going to use the clean often i suggest the Peavey 6505+ Combo 60W Tube Amp since the cleans on that amp isn't the best and it is 470 Euros.

If you're looking at bedroom amps, Check out the Fender Vibro or Super Champ XD.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 13, 2010,
Line 6 Flextone maybe?

The 6505 comment made me lol
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
tweaker
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by SilverRock113

Why in the world would you get a 6505 for AC/DC? Besides the obvious overkill wattage, the voicing is all wrong.

TS, a DSL50 (as suggested) is a good option.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by SilverRock113
It's times like these where I'm sad that posting the pear is a bannable offense.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Ferrets!
It's times like these where I'm sad that posting the pear is a bannable offense.

Is it still? I mean, I thought so, but I read through the rules the other day and didn't see it mentioned at all. Unless it's just "understood".
Quote by oneblackened
Why in the world would you get a 6505 for AC/DC? Besides the obvious overkill wattage, the voicing is all wrong.

That. Lots of mids doesn't instantly make an amp good for AC/DC type crunch.
Quote by Seref
That. Lots of mids doesn't instantly make an amp good for AC/DC type crunch.

It's more the American/British thing. A 6505 just doesn't sound like a plexi.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
It's more the American/British thing. A 6505 just doesn't sound like a plexi.

6505 sound like 6505 beacuse its 6505. I dont see similarities with plexi and 6505..

But not good recomendat,on for bedroom use
Quote by vaca11
6505 sound like 6505 beacuse its 6505. I dont see similarities with plexi and 6505..

But not good recomendat,on for bedroom use

...that's the point?

A 6505 DOESN'T sound like a Plexi.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden