Has anyone else tried out this amp? I turned on the chorus effect and it sounds more like the flanger effect the higher I turn the knob. Is this normal? I thought chorus has a whole different sound on its own
Quote by sealtain
Has anyone else tried out this amp? I turned on the chorus effect and it sounds more like the flanger effect the higher I turn the knob. Is this normal? I thought chorus has a whole different sound on its own

that's weird, i'm playing around with it right now and my chorus sounds liek chorus and flanger sounds like flanger. :S
~Carl
Quote by sealtain

I've had the Cube 60 for about 3-4 years now, and I have never gotten too far into the on-board effects (because I have a multi-FX pedal) but I'm just fiddling with them now. The chorus is not bad. I don't mind it. I certainly don't get it confused with the flange.

The on-board effects are fairly limited, in that you can only change one aspect of each effect (this is quite annoying, and one of the reasons I got the multi pedal) so you can't specify the rate, colour, tone or whatever of the flange, for example. I suppose there's only a little DSP on board, and it's probably a bit unrealistic to expect what is essentially a budget amp to do great effects.

But here's a test for you: turn treble and presence up, chorus on a little bit and choose the Brit Combo (AC30) with gain about 1/3, and then tell me who you sound like. I've used that tone before.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
The chorus and flange are quite distinct on my cube (a 30).

However, I usually only use the effects on the Cube for Surf music as I find it has the best Reverb and Tremelo of my solid state amps. othewise, i'm using the Cube 'clean' or through a multi-effects pedal.
The chorus and the flanger on mine are one knob and they sound pretty different. Also the higher you turn the knob the closer it will get to being on the flanger setting.. maybe you've put it so high that it is actually on the flanger setting lol.