I just recorded this a few minutes ago...I got an adapter for my laptop so I don't have to use a crappy mic anymore, so I can plug my keyboard directly into my computer. What started out as a soundcheck turned into a whole lot more.

I started out messing around with a theme from a Duke Ellington tune, and then I threw in some 7th chords after that, along with some others. It turned out to be pretty relaxing.

Let me know what you guys think

it's not very loud..so, headphones help.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Last edited by calebrocker at Aug 13, 2010,
Right on, that was excellent (although the inspiration from "Take the A Train" was quite clear at some moments near the beginning.. not that that's ever a bad thing).
Quote by aaron aardvark
Cale,
Sounds nice! I have taken 5 years of piano lessons myself, and got into synths before guitar. Music business major? It will be interesting to see where the music biz is going to go next! Any fearless predictions? Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344496

Thanks! Yeah, I did music business for a year..it was ok but it wasn't really my thing. I love music too much to be a guy helping other people get famous, or sit in an office somewhere booking gigs. I do like the engineering/production side of it, along with all the law and copyright things, and the technicalities of the charts and PROs and all that..but I'm switching my major to composition so I can do something I enjoy more.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!