Poll: peavey 6505+ or line 6 spider valve.
Poll Options
View poll results: peavey 6505+ or line 6 spider valve.
peavey
9 90%
line 6
1 10%
Voters: 10.
so the peavey transtube bandit 112 is NOT a tube amplifier or give some info of what it sounds like if you could. also is it a hybrid or full solid?
It's all solid state. "transtube" is a gimmicky word peavy came up with to sell more units.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
so its no hybrid?

yep, pure solid state.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
That's the kind of amp I have and I like it. It sounds decent, and it's reasonably priced.
what do you guys think about the line 6 spider valve 40 watt combo amp? its all tube very resonable price that i could afford
Don't know about the Line 6 but the peavey's not bad. I got an older model on craigslist for $120. For that money it's a good deal. In my opinion it does alot but nothiing exeptionally well. For how much they cost it's a decent amp.
Last edited by pack4804 at Aug 13, 2010,
I've heard many bad things about Line 6 amps, and I tried one out before I bought my Bandit 112. The Peavey is a better product in my opinion. Cleans are alright, but it sounds great dirty.
i want honest answer, dont just repeat what other people say and agree with them, even tho you havent even played a line 6.
the Line 6 spider valve is not all tube, it just uses a tube power amp designed by Bogner. It's definitely not as bad as the regular spiders and i would buy it over the bandit.

TS, how much money do you have to work with? what the biggest city closest to you? are you willing to buy used gear?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 13, 2010,
Im looking fro a nice tube amp thats 600 bucks or below, one that can play nice 80's metallica and megadeth those nice metal hardrock tones. but i want to know of other brands besides th e typical marshall, peavey, vox etc... ive already checked out a few any suggestions?
The Spider Valve is by no means a regular Spider. It's actually really great.

But, unless you're looking for tones of versatility, I'd skip it and look for a nice used all tube amp for those thrash tones.

Again, what's your nearest big city?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
that peavey ultra will tear shit up. man.. you guys get some good gear for cheap on craigslist..

In my city, NOBODY has a damn clue about street prices.. used beer stained 5150 combos go for like $800.. its sick.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.