So in my quest to acquire a Rising Sun Gibby Explorer, i was wonder if Gibby made any 24 fret explorers at one time or another. Then I could put in new pups and get a rising sun paint job. If anybody knows anything about this, please say something. Thanks.

EDIT: Or, alternatively, could I replace the neck on a Gibby with a 24 fret neck?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Last edited by NosralTserrof at Aug 13, 2010,
Just go with an ESP, it already has 24 frets, and depending on the model, good pickups for metal.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
Just go with an ESP, it already has 24 frets, and depending on the model, good pickups for metal.

If youre talking about the EX and FX lines, they have 22 frets. Also, the hetfield models also had 22 frets if im not mistaken. and no TS, the neck on a Gibson explorer is a set neck, or neck thru... im not sure, either way, you could not replace it.... well technically you could, but intonation would be shit, it would just ruin a $1200 guitar
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by espplayer400
If youre talking about the EX and FX lines, they have 22 frets. Also, the hetfield models also had 22 frets if im not mistaken. and no TS, the neck on a Gibson explorer is a set neck, or neck thru... im not sure, either way, you could not replace it.... well technically you could, but intonation would be shit, it would just ruin a $1200 guitar

This, the only standard 24 fret production model I can think of that's not retardedly overpriced is the Jackson Kelly. if you dont mind JAcksons take on the explorer. (Hot.)
actually, as another option, that would be cheaper than the Explorer, the Dave Mustaine Zero has 24 frets. Im not sure of the quality of the higher priced Deans (im not a fan of the mid ranged and low priced models... at all) though.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Look for a Gibson Explorer 90 if you need 24 frets and the Gibson name that badly.

God luck finding one though. I just tried so I could link you, but I haven't found any for sale. Here's a pic for starters though.

It seems like there are a lot of different variations on the guitar though, such as different finishes, H, H-S or H-H configuration, and Vol or Vol/tone/selector configurations.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
the ibanez destroyer dtt700 is an explorer shaped guitar, also there's the epiphone prophecy futura ex and fx.
you could go the matt heafy dean signature model... not quite an explorer but it has the rising sun...
if not, he's signed with gibson so no doubt he'll bring out a sig model eventually but I think its gonna be a 7 string
Yeah, but I kinda hate Dean. If Heafy(which I love, btw, I haz teh hair) comes out with a 24 Fret, Rising Sun Explorer, I will kill to acquire that instrument.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
get one of the Epiphone Futura's
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't settle for "explorer like" guitar like Dean, Epiphone Futura or something that isn't exactly like Gibby.

Get this

Kramer Imperial, 24 fret. And it has decent quad rail pups.
Quote by NosralTserrof
Yeah, but I kinda hate Dean. If Heafy(which I love, btw, I haz teh hair) comes out with a 24 Fret, Rising Sun Explorer, I will kill to acquire that instrument.

Bro https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1304958

Thats my guitar and i love it
What is thall? THALL
Agile Interceptor Pro 727
POD HD500
Carvin DCM1000L
Behringer Rack Tuner
Carvin Rack Case
Mogami Cables
If I were you, I would just get a Warmoth custom.

It would be roughly the same price as a Gibson Explorer, and you can customize almost EVERY part of it.

The neck would have to be bolt-on though, and you would have to put some of it together yourself.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
You could get a Agile Ghost lll or a Douglas Halo. Both are explorer style guitars with 24 frets. www.rondomusic.com though for around the pricerange your looking for the Ghost *if they have one in stock* is deffinately the way to go.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I second the Ghost Fret.

Also the Peavey Rotor EXP is 24 fret and Explorer style. It's cheap too but still great for the money.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab