Page 1 of 5
For downloading Kickass last week. This ever happened to anyone? Bit of a scare, but I think I'm done d/ling for awhile now.
That's why I don't download any new stuff.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Kickass sucked too.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
bummer, dude. I don't even bother downloading anything. I like to avoid the ever watchful eye of Big Brother. sort of like the eye of Sauron.
They're really watchful for bootleg movies and music, that's pretty much all you have to be careful about.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by Jako215
I think you are out $20,000 son.

According to the letter, more like $250,000. Talk about shitting bricks.
Just out of curiosity... what ISP do you have?

Quote by TheClincher

Whoa. 0.o

I highly doubt you did $250,000 to director/whoever gets the money for making the movie.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 13, 2010,
Quote by TheClincher

lets say they DID take you to court over this. Don't be one of the tards who tries to fight it. just pay whatever their settlement is. (it's usually less than $5000) and put it behind you.
I like that they're at least warning you first. I'll continue to download things illegally until I get one of those letters.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
How did you download it, torrent?
Quote by lolmnt
Is it your 1st one? If so its just a warning and don't worry about it. Just stop downloading popular stuff and use a private site..

EDIT: The movie didn't even work huh? You probably just downloaded a torrent put up by anti-peer to peer groups, that then got your IP address and told your IP to send that letter to you.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Aug 13, 2010,
Is this just a warning or are they legitimately charging you a ton of money? Pardon my ignorance on the illegal-downloading cyber police.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by SimplyStrings
Kickass sucked too.

WHAT?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

****ING BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

Anyways that sucks. I've never gotten anything like that before, hope I don't in the future.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
How did you download it, torrent?

Yeah, through iptorrents, so its weird that it had a tracker on it cuz that's a pretty exclusive site.
As someone who doesn't download much stuff/recently started, this is making me freak out a bit.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by TheClincher
Yeah, through iptorrents, so its weird that it had a tracker on it cuz that's a pretty exclusive site.

Hmm, I mainly use Demonoid and haven't had any problems. But I only download music and anime, no one really gets busted for that anymore.
Quote by smartalec007
As someone who doesn't download much stuff/recently started, this is making me freak out a bit.

I've downloaded at least 150GB of movies, games, music, anime, and software. Not a word from my ISP yet. My dad got a warning, and that was for downloading The Pacific.
Quote by lolmnt
68+ GB of movies and TV episodes downloaded.
~10 GB of downloaded music.

I'm a little paranoid now.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Ahh, no worry. I know a couple of people who have got that from RoadRunner. Nothing ever became of it, but they of course stopped D/l ing as much.
I downloaded an R5 of Kickass right after it came out and I dl cams of movies and music all the time and I never get letters. Worse yet I have comcast and their notorious for sending letters.

Unless they explicitly say they are going to take action then I wouldn't worry. Otherwise they are just trying to scare you so you stop pirating.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Woww. the same EXACT thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. same movie too.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Quote by justinb904
Unless they explicitly say they are going to take action then I wouldn't worry. Otherwise they are just trying to scare you so you stop pirating.

A cease and desist letter says to cease and desist or we're going to take legal action. They're very serious. I wouldn't risk it.

Good to note that court ordered cease and desist's are completely different.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by themetalbucket
Woww. the same EXACT thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. same movie too.

This is why I use my neighbors internet

Well, that and mines so slow getting one song takes like an hour

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

i literally downloaded frostwire two minutes before seeing this thread.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I read that chart, and I'm curious to know how rapidshare differs from torrents. It said that it doesn't broadcast your IP, but why is that?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Soul Power
I read that chart, and I'm curious to know how rapidshare differs from torrents. It said that it doesn't broadcast your IP, but why is that?

With torrents, you need other peers to transfer the material you are downloading (aka the seeders). With Rapidshare your just downloading right from the site, no other peers involved.

The only time you can get caught downloading from a site such as Rapidshare is if say the RIAA would have a watchdog group find the download with the copyrighted material, then demanded to have the IPs of the people who downloaded the copyrighted material.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Aug 14, 2010,
Quote by MakinLattes
bummer, dude. I don't even bother downloading anything. I like to avoid the ever watchful eye of Big Brother. sort of like the eye of Sauron.

Do you? I bet you pay more for groceries.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Page 1 of 5