Hey Guys,

So I have this recording interface.

http://www.lexiconpro.com/product.php?id=7

No matter what I do, I can't get my amp to sound that great mic'd. When I plug a keyboard or something directly into the interface, it sounds fine...but anything mic'd sounds bad. Even vocals don't sound too good.

I have an SM57 mic, so I doubt that the mic is the problem...but does this interface have subpar recording quality? Or am I doing something wrong?

I've tried all the tips for recording, and it still sounds pretty bad...

Thanks,

-Sean
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Over 40 views and no replies...

*bump*
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Probably your micing technique. How are you setting it all up? Pictures help a lot here. What are you using to monitor? It might be going in fine, but you're hearing it badly.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Try lowering the gain & cranking your amp to compensate, cheap preamps tend to be noisy on higher gain levels. It may be that there's a problem with the preamps (the lexicon alpha is known to have a few), in which case you'll have to send the interface off to lexicon to be fixed.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Shit sucks, it sounds super muddy. It sounds a hell of a lot better than plugging straight in with a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter, but I think you should invest into the more expensive firewire interfaces. I also have the Fast Track which ain't the greatest, but even that sounds better lol.
The alpha is a pretty good little interface, I think yours just has a problem.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?