Our band right now has acquired two new members and we are hoping to re-do our setlist. We're basically a heavy metal/deathcore (flame shield) band turning into a band with keys and a singer.

The issue. I'm so sick of writing everything in guitar pro. Sure it's a great tool but I end up not even using my guitar to write and our drummer can't figure out his parts on there easily. Long story short, how should we got about writing without it. I'm a freak and things like fearing it's harder to play in future times without it being written comes to my mind, what do you think?

And basically our band has (instrument-wise)
Two guitars,
bassist,
drummer,
synth

What would be the best way to start? write a whole song on guitar and then show them, or go part by part?
Well, you can start by having a skeleton outline to the song... in this instance, the others bring to the table ideas that would fit into it without it being yr voice the whole time. Sound like a plan? In other words... if you wanna write in sections, u can... if you wanna write a complete outline, u can... it doesn't matter... as long as everyone knows the direction of the song.
what i do is write basically a rough order of sections, and fill them with outlines of the chord changes

e.g. (dont look to much into these progressions)

Intro

G Em Am

Verse

G Am Em

Chorus etc. etc. etc.

and just put little notes with it like, accent 2 & 4, bass plays 8th notes etc etc

just make sure you dont lose sight of what you want
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
1. Get drunk
2. play pentatonic scales fast
3. throw in some divebombs and pinch harmonics
4. Get killed onstage
5. become legendary guitarist instantaneously

Quote by Holy Katana

How dare you attack the greatness of the augmented sixth?
maybe learning how to write music on a manuscript

for chords just write the progression in accordance to lyrics
Here's a perspective.... I have an honours degree and read and write fairly fluently.

I have *never* written out a song in tabs or proper notation.

I jot down a few chord changes and lyrics along with the arrangement. I record the songs. If I ever need to go back and learn them, or if someone else needs to learn them, I pull out the recording.

Mind you, I'm writing pop/hard-rock songs. Think "Boston meets Nirvana"-ish. If I was writing really complicated stuff, it would be different.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Meshugga does it similar. The guitarist (don't remember which one) writes everything in a program and gives it to the other members who then proceed to learn the parts.

I wrote everything in GP, even before I quit my band. I learned the guitar parts, and then played them at practice. I never even showed the drummer what I wrote for drums because I wrote something simple that would keep the beat.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Meshugga does it similar. The guitarist (don't remember which one) writes everything in a program and gives it to the other members who then proceed to learn the parts.

I wrote everything in GP, even before I quit my band. I learned the guitar parts, and then played them at practice. I never even showed the drummer what I wrote for drums because I wrote something simple that would keep the beat.

I write in GP too. It has everything to do with the way my mind works. My upbringing age 7 and on was filled with electronic engineering and computer programming, so written logic is a tool I can make full use of. Looking at standard notation makes complete sense to me, like looking at algebra, computer code, circuit diagrams, or logic notation. For other people, it will be different. You need to find what works best with you and your band mates. You may have to compromise.

How does your drummer learn songs? By ear? If so, have him buy Guitar Pro and give him the tab so he can mute all the others and learn the part. If I were you, I'd advise him to use the Guitar Pro tab as a basic sketch in which he can insert his own style. I'd advise that to all the band members. I've never been in a band, but I know how it feels to be excited to contribute to a project but ultimately become someone else's slave. So don't do all the work!
i don't know why i feel so dry