So im thinking about buying used gear off guitar centers used section. I couldnt find anything i wanted in the store closest to me but i found some really cool stuff in other locations. I was wondering if anyone knew if i found something lets say Arizona and i live in Florida, would that guitar center be able to ship that gear to the store near me or possibly my house. I didnt really wanna call guitar center to ask becuase theyre typically useless if your not buying anything at the moment. Also post if you know what shipping charges and such would be if its possible.
They would. Just call up say i want to buy then give them the info you need. They tell you shipping charges as well.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
They would. Just call up say i want to buy then give them the info you need. They tell you shipping charges as well.

Would it still be possible to get offers such as the 15% off for preferred player card owners?
You could use your preferred players card, but that card is imo crap. Just check to see if they take their current coupons. They say they dont, but their computer will at times
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Look on CL. Better deals, better selection (usually) and you can see the thing in person before buying. Usually.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
i asked a guy about this once, an they can order it to your local store for you, and if you do it that way i dont think they charge shipping.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by CL/\SH
Look on CL. Better deals, better selection (usually) and you can see the thing in person before buying. Usually.

i have searched cr but didnt reaally find anything that really fit what i wanted. And guitar center has the Schecter hellraiser c1-fr at usually less than $500 and its a $900 dollar guitar, so im happy with the deal
I can say that GC used to be real good about shipping stuff in from another store with no questions asked but lately they seem to be a bit more frugal. Prob the economy.

If you find something that is relatively close (Atlanda/ Carolina/ Alabama/ TX/ etc and you tell them you 'plan' to buy it - they might do it.

at least that has been my experience lately
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I can say that GC used to be real good about shipping stuff in from another store with no questions asked but lately they seem to be a bit more frugal. Prob the economy.

If you find something that is relatively close (Atlanda/ Carolina/ Alabama/ TX/ etc and you tell them you 'plan' to buy it - they might do it.

at least that has been my experience lately

well if im gonna have a $600 day at their store then ill make sure their employee who gets paid off commission sees my way. If not though, id be willing to pay the shipping if they didnt try to rape me with the cost.
problem is $600 on a $550 amp is not a huge profit for them especially if they have to ship it.

best bet is to act like you buy everything from GC and call out the managers Name by name even if you don't know him.

ask them if they have an ElectraDyne or Mark V you can try - that will get their attention

Quote by -Kr0n1c-
i have searched cr but didnt reaally find anything that really fit what i wanted. And guitar center has the Schecter hellraiser c1-fr at usually less than $500 and its a $900 dollar guitar, so im happy with the deal

If you're happy, I'm happy. Just try it before you buy.

311, no, they won't. At least the didn't when I ordered my strat. I asked if they could order one to the store so I could play it to see if I liked it, and the guy said no, gotta buy it. They won't do orders like that. Luckily, I found someone on CL selling the same exact guitar in a different color than I wanted and tried it out. That made me go ahead and order it, which I do not regret a bit.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^well...let's just say I know my GC manager pretty well and if he thinks the amp belongs in his store he'll have it transferred over ( well...like I said that happened more in the past then now)

I know, it's sad. I recently started going to a different GC, so now I'm trying to get on the good side of all the guys working there. It's like 15 minutes closer than the other one, so I guess it's worth it.

Every time I go in I basically suck up to some guy I haven't seen before so I can get acquainted with every guy who works there
Quote by CL/\SH
If you're happy, I'm happy. Just try it before you buy.

311, no, they won't. At least the didn't when I ordered my strat. I asked if they could order one to the store so I could play it to see if I liked it, and the guy said no, gotta buy it. They won't do orders like that. Luckily, I found someone on CL selling the same exact guitar in a different color than I wanted and tried it out. That made me go ahead and order it, which I do not regret a bit.

Yea ill just buy it and get them to ship it for me, take it home, and if i dont like it ill return it. Most of the guys at my guitar center are egotistical hispanic pricks that dont know shit(no offence to hispanics), but ill just go to the guy dean whos the in house repair guy. Hes done a repair for me and hes just a generally nice helping guy. So he should be able to help