Thanks for the help on music theory.
I've been having problems understanding harmony and usage of modes versus scales.
but with the forums on this site I've been able to get a better understanding of them.

I've had a profile on this site for a couple years now, but i've only used this site for tabs.
I'm looking forward to talking to all you musicians.

At the moment I'm trying to increase my synchronize my right and left hands better, and increase my speed. I'm using a metronome and exercises from a jon petrucci book. They're really good.

any body got any good exercises they like to do?
excersizes can be effective because they target the most optimal way to learn a new technique. Because, of this, a small amount of excersizes can be great for your technique, but i'd avoid playing to many excersizes (for example, if you spend 2 hours practicing guitar, you should probably only spend 30 minutes on excersizes) and instead, spend a small, concentrated amount of time on excersizes, then going and spending considerably more time on making real music.
*reported*

for the shockingly awful thread title
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah, i try to make it 50-50 on the days i practice exercises. most of the days i usually improv and play tabs
Quote by steven seagull
*reported*

for the shockingly awful thread title

Fixed.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
lol
I didn't think it was that bad of a title, I guess some people are a little more manner oriented than I am.
the new title is pretty jawsome :P
So you don't think there's anything wrong with using appallingly racist language on a public forum?

It's got nothing to do with manners, I can be rude without being racist you ignorant prick.

See? It's not that difficult.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hmm.... I looked it up. I just thought it meant something to the effect of "fool, a dim-witted person" but apparently, not.

At this point, I was going to close the thread, but sometimes it's more fun to just leave these things open and see what happens.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
"appalling" racism. I don't find it very appalling, I'm not racist, I don't judge people by their skin color. At the same time I can still find racist or sexist jokes funny..... sounds kinda bad but i don't care, my intentions are not to hurt anyones feelings and people should have more self esteem to be able to take a joke and know that it doesn't mean anything, unless they're being bashed on
and yes, I use the term more like "fools" but I do know it has a racist sense to it

I appologize seagull coming off as a racist prick
hmm, I just posted a reply but it didn't show...

I said yes I do use the term like "fools" but I know it does have a racist sense to it.

I appologize seagull for coming off like a racist prick