-Etc... All the good stuff.
Thanks,
Prog <3
Guitar for Dummies.

It comes with a CD too.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
The Guitar Grimoire Scales and Exercises Book is excellent for helping with scales and making practicing them slightly more interesting. It doesn't explain a great amount about the intervals though. But it helped my playing evolve tremendously.
^+1

Guitar Grimoire is awesomesauce. Even the cover looks awesome.

Edit: The scales and modes book has sections on intervals.
Last edited by leephan at Aug 14, 2010,
Awesome!! I think I'll get the Guitar Grimoire Scales And Modes, should I get the DVD or Book version.
Prog <3
Thinly veiled brag about knowing how to read

In total seriousness I'd recommend Guitar For Dummies from what little I know of the instrument.
Quote by ScalesOfDoom
Awesome!! I think I'll get the Guitar Grimoire Scales And Modes, should I get the DVD or Book version.
Actually, after thinking for a bit, Guitar Grimoire might not be the best book to buy if you're relatively new to scales and the theory behind them. It briefly goes through intervals and chords, but only to get you familiar with the system it uses throughout the book. The main purpose is for you to learn lots of different kinds of scales, but you might be a bit confused without having a bit of knowledge beforehand.

But that's just the Scales and Modes book. I don't know what the other ones are like.
Guitar Grimoire is fairly useless as a theory book.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
There are a few cheap little books that you can buy. I'd recommend getting the guitar bible, which is a colossally big book that has a CD and a DVD, it goes over everything, and then http://www.totalmusicsupply.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=2&ModelID=94724 for your scales.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.