So, i have a roland microcube and i'm thinking of getting a new amp. but in the mean time ( because it may take a while ) i'd like to find a solution that would make me stop stop bending down every time i want to change from a clean to a distorded channel. I know it's a modelling amp and it won't be the perfect solution to work with pedals but i don't have a better idea, so i'd like suggestions for overdrive pedals. I use to play through the classic stack setting ( modeled after Marshall JPM ) for distortion tones but i also use for "clean" tones lowering the gain knob down to 0, wich delivers a slightly overdriven sound. I play hard rock, blues rock, grunge and some metal. Hope you guys have ideas . Thanks in advance
You're honestly just better off saving whatever cash you're looking to spend on a pedal, and using that later when you can completely afford a new amp.

I know it's not what you want to hear, I've been there, done that.
Assuming that money is not the problem what would you recommend?
Quote by TheAbsentOne
You're honestly just better off saving whatever cash you're looking to spend on a pedal, and using that later when you can completely afford a new amp.

I know it's not what you want to hear, I've been there, done that.

+1

TS:- until you know what your future amp is capable of it`s pointless buying a pedal, and modelling amps don`t like having pedals put in front of them.
Quote by Nelv92
Assuming that money is not the problem what would you recommend?

Dumble overdrive special, Diezel herbert, Bogner Ubershall...

see how a budget helps in narrowing down the choices?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
200$ i was thinking of the MXR GT-OD or the MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive.
Quote by Nelv92
200$ i was thinking of the MXR GT-OD or the MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive.

Just keep saving until you have enough for a good amp. if you have $200 though, i'd buy a Fender Vibro Champ. it'll take pedals better than your cube.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
If I were you, I would buy a tube amp with two channels - one clean, and one driven. I would switch between the two. In the long run, this will just serve you better. I wouldn't knock it till I tried it, but I can't really imagine a modeling amp and pedals working well together, especially not boost/drive/dist pedals. Even a single-channel tube amp could do, if you have a good overdrive pedal and know how to work the knobs on your amp. Assuming the amp has enough gain inherently to let you reach metal town.

Anyway, IMO you're stuck, I have the same problem. My SS amp has two channels but it doesn't have a footswitch input so I have to manually do it. I have a Bad Monkey though, and that one lets me go from clean to rock/hard rock without much trouble.

Wear it out. Save your cash. Get a good amp with two channels. If you can find a good transistor amp, good for you, but your safest bet would be a tube amp.
Put it on one of these?
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.