Hey everyone.

I've been looking for a new guitar recently, and I know for sure I'm going to get a Jackson V.

I've narrowed my choice down to 2 guitars, the RR3 Rhoads and the PDX Demmelition King V.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/1254
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/85230

There's many pros to each guitar, and I'm struggling to choose between them.

I play mainly metal, but tend to delve into Progressive and more Alternative stuff.

If you've had experience with either of them, what're they like?

Which would you recommend UG?
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
*reads PDX Spec List*
*EMG HZ*
*Shuuders*

Yeah, RR3 fo sho. UNLESS you can score a real Demmelition V.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by Unholy.Daemon
Are HZ's a bit shitty then?

Yeah, they're not very good pups. If you can afford a pickup change, then d oit man, but if you can't. go for the rr3.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Well, I was just thinking, if it's worth doin, I'd get the Demmetlion V, use whatever money I have left to get some SD's, probably a Dimebucker and a Jazz?

If it's not, then I'll just get the RR3, coz that was the one I very first looked at.

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by Unholy.Daemon
Well, I was just thinking, if it's worth doin, I'd get the Demmetlion V, use whatever money I have left to get some SD's, probably a Dimebucker and a Jazz?

If it's not, then I'll just get the RR3, coz that was the one I very first looked at.

You really don't want a Dimebucker. I would recommend these. Great for your style of music.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
I saw them before, I was a bit thrown off by the name, Distortion, coz I need a good clean sound as well.
Unless that's just me being thick, and it's only called that because they're good at distortion? xD

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by Unholy.Daemon

Like the other guy said you really don't want the dimebucker, I'm not bandwagoning or anything because I made the mistake of putting one in my jackson and it really is the worst pickup ever if I were you I'd get the RR3, when I played it I was impressed with the sound and the neck profile (jackson neck profiles ftw)
Quote by Unholy.Daemon
I saw them before, I was a bit thrown off by the name, Distortion, coz I need a good clean sound as well.
Unless that's just me being thick, and it's only called that because they're good at distortion? xD

TS, here's a link for a demo. Really nice demo, all around great pups.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Ooh, they're not half bad.
The cleans are quite good even at full volume on the guitar...
How much are a set roughly? In GBP..

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by NosralTserrof
TS, here's a link for a demo. Really nice demo, all around great pups.

ummmm those arent the same pickups. those are the regular duncan distortion, and he linked the distortion mayhems.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If you need a good clean sound, it'll be worth looking at some other guitars. As those 2 are VERY metal orientated, I wouldn't recommend an RR3 for anyone who plays alternative stuff and needs good cleans IMO.

The RR3 comes with a Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo stock >_>

Pretty good cleans right there.
Quote by siverstorm
The RR3 comes with a Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz combo stock >_>

Pretty good cleans right there.

Yeah, I've got a DK2M with the same pickup loadout, and I can get some lovely cleans out of it.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Yeah, I've got a DK2M with the same pickup loadout, and I can get some lovely cleans out of it.

And I've got the RR3, great cleans, great crunch and great metal distortion.