I am upgrading my tuners and want the best locking tuners available for under 100 euro(around 130$)All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Thanks
Sperzel. I have ordered them for my Strat - they should be here any day now.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I have sperzels on my guitar and very rarely have to tune it.

I have been told when you tune make sure you tune up to the note. It is a rule of thumb I have always used and it seems to be working well.
i'm guessing, unless you're very keen on diy, that getting ones which are an exact swap will play a major part in your decision... it'd be worth seeing if anyone knows (or even email the main hardware manufacturers, sperzel, gotoh and the like) if any are a direct swap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, if you don't want to drill new holes or anything like that, take a look at what kind of tuners are on there now. (Gotoh, grover, etc.) Not sure what comes stock on PRS guitars. Most tuners have a locking counterpart, so if you have standard grovers, they make a locking grover with the exact same mounting holes and everything.
aye that's a good point.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just one other thing, now that i think of it, in relation to chip46's excellent point that there's normally a locking version of the same size available for most non-locking tuners: A lot of the cheaper guitars, made in Korea/China etc. will often claim to have name brand hardware, but often they have licensed versions made in different (cheaper) factories- they might not be the exact same size as the high-quality, retail version replacements (they might be, but you'd need to make sure).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The stock tuners are prs brand.I will not be installing them as a tech is installing new pickups and he will install the new tuners as well so drilling new holes would not be much of a problem as he will take care of it for me.I cannot find any info on the stock tuners
ah ok, that's fair enough (though I'm guessing if you get direct swap ones it might save you a little money on the installation, but it's probably not worth getting worse quality tuners for all you're likely to save, if anything).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Planet Waves Auto Trim locking tuners. 18:1 ratio and priced reasonable.
i have heard a lot of bad things about the planet waves tuners,i like the 18:1 ratio but there are also grovers with 18:1 and they are cheaper but people say that sperzel is best and all i can find is 12:1 ratio
I have the Planet Waves on on of my guitars. They are great. Solid.
Grover locking tuners came stock on my Schecter... those are real nice. I don't think the Grovers are cheaper than the PW's . If they are - say under $70, then /thread... get the Grovers.
Last edited by 667 at Aug 15, 2010,