Since DCI World Finals are tonight and I'm going, I was wondering if anyone else in the pit enjoys or follows DCI. It stands for Drum Corps International and it's kind of a marching band competition only with really good bands. Personally I'm pulling for the Blue Coats, or the Carolina Crown. Of course Phantom Regiment is always cool too.

So, what are the pit's thoughts on DCI?
I don't know ANYTHING about the different DCI teams, but I've watched some shows online and they're incredible. I play in a marching band, but they're formations are way harder to do. I've heard it takes more energy than running a 5K to do one show, too.
Yet another thing that ONLY americans do.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
Yet another thing that ONLY americans do.

What's wrong with that?
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Don't get me wrong, I love the USA - they are Australia's greatest allies, and have been for many, many years (though why a pommy cares, I don't know).

I'd be interested to know just how 'International' this DCI is - or is it like World Series Baseball?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
Don't get me wrong, I love the USA - they are Australia's greatest allies, and have been for many, many years (though why a pommy cares, I don't know).

I'd be interested to know just how 'International' this DCI is - or is it like World Series Baseball?

Pretty much this
Canadian syrup-making contest, anyone
Blue Devils or Cavies.

I've seen some old films of the Troopers in the VFW era that brought tears to my eyes.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I used to follow it much more when I was in marching band. I never tried out, but a few of my music major friends from school marched Cadets, a drummer friend of mine almost made the snare line of Carolina Crown as a junior in high school, and another friend made Phantom Regiment on mellophone, then quit because she's a flake and decided she didn't want to do it anymore.

I don't have a specific corps. that I pull for, I just enjoy seeing all the shows, it's quite impressive how much work they put in.
Quote by seemeel

All of the groups in world class are in the U.S., but there are several groups from Canada in open class. And they just made a new class called international class that's for bands outside of North America.