Hey everyone. I'm looking into (finally) buying a delay pedal. After trying some stuff I find the Line 6 Echo Park to be the best. Despite having tried a couple of pedals (the boss ones and some cheaper crummy pedals) I want to know your oppinions. The price point for the Echo Park is around 140€ so above that is impossible. Do you recomend something other than this pedal?
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
Well The Vox Time Machine is awesome sounding.....Digitech has the hardwire delay, and Line 6 isn't too bad either.
Digital/Analog?
Do you need a tap tempo?
Any delay time requirements?

I have the Time Machine, and it's pretty nice for a digital delay. Tap tempo, 1/8 and dotted 1/8 settings, and around 6 seconds of delay time... which is totally unnecessary, but fun to say lol

If you want analog, the deluxe memory boy and the malekko 616 are oft recommended. If you like the idea of having multiple presets, the Line 6 DL4 is awesome, plus it has a looper built in. I'm not sure of the conversion rate or what actual prices are where you live, but those are some to look up at least as far as nice delays.
I've been looking into your recomendations and I find most of them being suited for metal (either endorsed by metal artists or by metalheads). I'm looking for a delay that is versatile and that can add to my hability to inovate (in a alternative, shoegaze, dream pop kinda way).

Are your recomendations still valid or are those pedals more in the line of metal, classic rock, etc...?
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

* hits X button*

I play 0 metal, hard rock, classic rock, etc. And tbh, I don't understand how a delay can be "suited for metal."

It's a delay... it replicates your signal.
Well it all depends on the settings it has. The Echo Park as a setting where you can make your guitar sound like a violin. These are the kinds of options I'm talking about. A more straight forward delay pedal may not do this kinds of stuff and so I'd say it is more suited for classical rock, metal, etc...
Quote by Sinister Waffle

* hits X button*

If you want to play shoegaze, then a good analog delay with modulation would be great, like the EHX Deluxe Memory Boy and Mallekko 616, there isn't a huge amount of options in this price range
Well your average Boss DD-3/5/7/20 is an average digital delay with no frilly features, and it's used by a large portion of bands in every genre you can think of. So I'd disagree with that statement.

But you still haven't answered my questions, so I really can't help you any further. Do you want digital or analog, do you want tap tempo, and how much delay time do you want? And I guess I also need to ask do you need a "violin" setting on the pedal?

Honestly, the Echo Park is a piece of crap. If you want a violin sound, get a volume pedal.
Quote by paquiquinho
I've been looking into your recomendations and I find most of them being suited for metal (either endorsed by metal artists or by metalheads). I'm looking for a delay that is versatile and that can add to my hability to inovate (in a alternative, shoegaze, dream pop kinda way).

Are your recomendations still valid or are those pedals more in the line of metal, classic rock, etc...?

i would spend the extra cash and go with a DD7. if you want to be able to make weird sounds with a delay pedal, an expression pedal is awesome. the DD7 seems to be the only delay in that pricerange with an expression pedal input.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The DD7 is good IF you are after a digital delay.

There is no such thing as a metal delay. What comes in is pretty much what comes out. A lot of metal guitarists use analog delay for leads, but that in no way makes analog a metal form of delay. You've got this backwards.

Look into the Malekko 616, it pretty much owns everything in the price range.

If you want something more versatile, the TCE nova delay is fine. I hear mixed reviews on the reliability of the DL4
^The 616 is awesome, the problem for me is just not having a tap tempo. I gig too much to not have a tap...
Malekko 616 if you don't need tap tempo, Deluxe Memory Boy if you do. For shoegaze you need a modulated analog delay
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by josephde
^The 616 is awesome, the problem for me is just not having a tap tempo. I gig too much to not have a tap...

I get a decent amount of work as a session guitarist, and it's what I use

It really depends what you're using it for. I pretty much just use delay for some slapback response on leads. If you are doing rhythmic delay stuff, I agree you'll definitely need a tap tempo. Waiting on that 919
I'm running this simple GFS Analog delay (Earl Slick endorses these). It only has three knobs and a long/short echo switch but it can generate some really freaky sounds. And the traditional delay works really well. I've gotten comments on how good it sounds. (It also only cost $60.)
malekko ekko 616 was recommended to me, check it out
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Boss dd-3 most people prefer it to a dd-6 or dd-7 for tone , so for digital delay the dd-3 is one of the best. A few months ago me and a friend tested the dd-3 the carbon copy and the hardwire, in front of a 6505 plus, the dd-3 won as it sounded the best. Someone else may like the carbon copy or the hardwire you really need to try some out, because digital and analog are different in tone and the way they echo. So when i bought my delay last week , i knew exactly what i wanted.