Hey UG I found a guy that wants to trade a pacifica 921 for my C-1 plus Schecter of course his guitar is in excellent shape as is mine, anyway if this was your opportunity would you trade. Keep in mind that pacifica has a compound radius fingerboard and the guitar was manufactured in Japan the shecter in Korea, any insight would be helpful guys thanks
well his guitar is worth between 250 and 350 $.
your should have been like at least 600 when it was new.
sooo.........
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Personally I would say no but I'm very biased toward Schecter. The best thing to do is go play it. Play a few songs and see how it feels in your hands. Check out the action and tone and all that good stuff.

Ibanez SGT520VS Sage Series Acoustic
Yamaha FG720S-12 12 String Acoustic
Schecter C-1 Classic
Crate Flexwave FW65 Combo Amp
DO IT! The High End Pacifica are supposed to be excellent and would eat the schecter for breakfast.

This forum is full of schecter fanboys dont listen to them!
^ i haven't tried the 921, but that's what I'd have thought. is the 921 the one with the warmoth neck?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i haven't tried the 921, but that's what I'd have thought. is the 921 the one with the warmoth neck?

Yes, but from what I've read the Trems are worse than Edge IIIs.

As for TS, It all depends on what you want. If my memory serves me correctly the standard C-1s Don't have trems, so If you want more of a 80's shred guitar go for the Pacifica, if not keep the Schecter.I can only vouch for the Schecters playability, so I can't help much there.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
It has a warmoth neck and dimarzios from what i can gather.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Aug 14, 2010,
ah if the trems aren't great then that's a concern, but other than that i think they're meant to be nice guitars.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
they are good shred guitars.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by coolstoryangus
DO IT! The High End Pacifica are supposed to be excellent and would eat the schecter for breakfast.

Now why would you call me a Schecter fan boy? I'm just speaking from a playability standpoint. I've tried lots of guitars but haven't found anything that can compare to my C1. No it doesn't have a whammy bar but that's the only drawback I've found. What I really want is a Suhr signature series!! I have to save ALL the change I have.

As far as eating the Schecter for breakfast... That's gonna be hard to do, trust me. If my friend's Strat can't do it (and it can't, he even says so) then I highly doubt the Yamaha has a chance even though I believe it's a great guitar.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by skywalker45
Now why would you call me a Schecter fan boy? I'm just speaking from a playability standpoint. I've tried lots of guitars but haven't found anything that can compare to my C1. No it doesn't have a whammy bar but that's the only drawback I've found. What I really want is a Suhr signature series!! I have to save ALL the change I have.

As far as eating the Schecter for breakfast... That's gonna be hard to do, trust me. If my friend's Strat can't do it (and it can't, he even says so) then I highly doubt the Yamaha has a chance even though I believe it's a great guitar.

I wasnt aiming at you its just that the electric guitar subsection of UG has an unhealthy obsession with schecters. but lolz
ive had 4 Schecter's, they are very over rated.
ive had a Schecter C-1 Classic:slow slow neck, the finish on the neck is horrid.
ive had a a damien fr 6:shit floyd rose, bad pick ups(hz's),neck was better then the others because it was oiled maple no lacquer finish on this one.
ive had a omen: solid guitar, shit pick ups again, same neck as the damien 6.
and
ive had a like c1 a/e something(it been a while) its like the c1 custom but with the push pull pots and the semi hollow body with 2 f holes: that guitar was cool, had a great sounds and look, but the neck had the same shitty lacquer finish and was very slow and bad for shows.

i think they are well build sturdy guitars, but! if you like a faster more playable guitar that your hands wont stick to while trying to play because of a shitty finish on the neck, then most schecter will not be what you are looking for.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
I have a c1 elite and its good but i've played newer schecters that felt utterly rubbish in comparison and i'm not to first person to point out that they've gone downhill.
Quote by coolstoryangus

Yeah I agree the pacifica smokes the schecter as far as being a better feeling neck hands down but the schecter has tone that the pacifica doesn't have, I already have a 1221 MS pacifica the yellow one which I will be selling after I pick this one up and already know that the pacifica plays so much smoother if you are a shredder.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Yes, but from what I've read the Trems are worse than Edge IIIs.

As for TS, It all depends on what you want. If my memory serves me correctly the standard C-1s Don't have trems, so If you want more of a 80's shred guitar go for the Pacifica, if not keep the Schecter.I can only vouch for the Schecters playability, so I can't help much there.

You are wrong about the tremolo's on that guitar they stay in tune even with extreme tremolo dives, I own the 1221 MS pacifica and haven't changed my strings or tuned them in a month so it does really well with being stable and in tune
Quote by skywalker45

Apparently you haven't played a compound radius neck because the current pacifica I own smokes the schecter when it comes to neck work. Besides the schecter wasn't my first choice but it was the best one where I live, actually I wanted a new charvel but was out of my price range
Quote by B.Cross
You are wrong about the tremolo's on that guitar they stay in tune even with extreme tremolo dives, I own the 1221 MS pacifica and haven't changed my strings or tuned them in a month so it does really well with being stable and in tune

There's a difference between the 1221 MS and the 921, man.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Sinister Waffle
There's a difference between the 1221 MS and the 921, man.

I don't think that the neck is any different than the 1221 and the pickups are probably the same as well, the only difference is the tele body and the neck inlay that I know about so if you know of any other difference please by all means expound on that.
Quote by coolstoryangus
I wasnt aiming at you its just that the electric guitar subsection of UG has an unhealthy obsession with schecters. but lolz

No harm done man. But I agree not every Schecter is the greatest thing since sliced bread and they do seem to be very overrated on UG but I'm a proud owner. Like I said if I had my rathers it would be a Suhr Signature but $$$$ hold me back.

Quote by B. Cross
Apparently you haven't played a compound radius neck because the current pacifica I own smokes the schecter when it comes to neck work. Besides the schecter wasn't my first choice but it was the best one where I live, actually I wanted a new charvel but was out of my price range

Wrong I have played on compound radius necks. I don't know what's wrong with the playability on the C1's neck?? Mine is slick and just fine. Maybe I got lucky before things "went downhill" if they even did. I haven't played any other Schecters recently but mine. With that said, like you, I'd have my eyes on something else like that mentioned above but big dollars hold me back. Have you ever played a Suhr? They're amazing.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by B.Cross
I don't think that the neck is any different than the 1221 and the pickups are probably the same as well, the only difference is the tele body and the neck inlay that I know about so if you know of any other difference please by all means expound on that.

Then why have another guitar that's basically the same?
You belong in a museum.

Quote by Sinister Waffle

Well if you like a guitar enough why not?
Quote by Sinister Waffle

Seriously can you ever have enough guitars? Even if they are the same a trained ear is gonna tell the difference cause no 2 are the same.

Schecter C-1 Classic
Quote by coolstoryangus
Well if you like a guitar enough why not?

Cause you have the other one.

The only thing were I could see someone buying a second guitar close to another they own, is if they collect guitars, or there in a gigging band and need a back up.

Quote by skywalker45
Seriously can you ever have enough guitars? Even if they are the same a trained ear is gonna tell the difference cause no 2 are the same.

The tonal difference between the two won't be worth the money, Sure there is a small difference but when it really plays out, is that slight difference going to make a big deal between the guitars.
You belong in a museum.

Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Aug 14, 2010,
Do Not ****ing Do It.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Cause you have the other one.

The only thing were I could see someone buying a second guitar close to another they own, is if they collect guitars, or there in a gigging band and need a back up.

The tonal difference between the two won't be worth the money, Sure there is a small difference but when it really plays out, is that slight difference going to make a big deal between the guitars.

They are actually fairly different OP correct me if im wrong on these)

You're probably arguing the point with the wrong guy here cause i owned 4 ibanez rgs at one point though now i've thinned it down to 2 ibanez rgs and an ibanez s

And wow what a surprise the guy with the low end pacifica 012 says dont do it
Ha I knew this dumbass question would pop up after I mentioned that I already have one and the answer is playability of course. I prefer the compound radius neck to the fixed radius neck such as the schecter. So there it is
By the way coolstoryangus I will have the same two you do tomorrow, ?I'm gonna do the trade, anyway really like your 912 and my 1221 is yellow, the 912 is teal of some kind, I'll take it apart and paint it white add a pearlized white pickgaurd and wha la good stage guitar, then maybe everyone will look at the guitar instead of my gray hair lol.
Quote by B.Cross
Ha I knew this dumbass question would pop up after I mentioned that I already have one and the answer is playability of course. I prefer the compound radius neck to the fixed radius neck such as the schecter. So there it is

That's completely fine, But you really don't need to be a dick about it. If you have one guitar thats great to play, and you don't need another, then why? You just seem to be really narrow minded about any guitar other than compound radius necks.
You belong in a museum.

Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Aug 14, 2010,
Quote by B.Cross
By the way coolstoryangus I will have the same two you do tomorrow, ?I'm gonna do the trade, anyway really like your 912 and my 1221 is yellow, the 912 is teal of some kind, I'll take it apart and paint it white add a pearlized white pickgaurd and wha la good stage guitar, then maybe everyone will look at the guitar instead of my gray hair lol.

Nah those arent mine i was just pointing out that there is differences.
Quote by Sinister Waffle

That's completely fine, But you really don't need to be a dick about it. If you have one guitar thats great to play, and you don't need another, then why? You just seem to be really narrow minded about any guitar other than compound radius necks.

OK I'll give you the dumbass question part, as far as having two guitars that are pretty much the same, how many strats does Ritchie Blackmore have or how many does Malmsteen have ect..... And compound radius necks are superior for left hand work if you will, and since I do quite a bit of it I prefer them over fixed. I have 12 guitars so it really doesn't matter that much never played the schecter anyway.
Quote by B.Cross
OK I'll give you the dumbass question part, as far as having two guitars that are pretty much the same, how many strats does Ritchie Blackmore have or how many does Malmsteen have ect..... And compound radius necks are superior for left hand work if you will, and since I do quite a bit of it I prefer them over fixed. I have 12 guitars so it really doesn't matter that much never played the schecter anyway.

If you never played it, they by all means get what you want. As far as Blackmore, and yngwie go, there gigging musicians, I have no Idea of you're level as a musician, but I can assume you're not in dire need of 5 identical guitars, for alternate tunings/ backups during a live show.

Maybe you are, who knows in the end its you're choice.
You belong in a museum.

Guitarists that complain about this are usually just a tad jealous and would if they could have multiple instruments of the same type i bet.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
If you never played it, they by all means get what you want. As far as Blackmore, and yngwie go, there gigging musicians, I have no Idea of you're level as a musician, but I can assume you're not in dire need of 5 identical guitars, for alternate tunings/ backups during a live show.

Maybe you are, who knows in the end its you're choice.

Yeah I work as a performer only 3 times a month so no I don't need 5 identical guitars
but maybe I want 2 guitars that are not identical one is a tele and the other is a strat body, but do play 4 guitars at the 3 shows that I do. Anyway at least I'm not one of those guys I see in guitar center that shell out $5000 on a les paul that they can't even get a whole cover tune out of, that always cracked me up when I saw it but then again they made the money to buy it so more power to em, they will just end up selling it at a later date with significant loss.
Quote by coolstoryangus

And there's a reason for that. They're excellent guitars for what 90% of these threads ask for; value.
if you have the chance, try it out
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by coolstoryangus

And wow what a surprise the guy with the low end pacifica 012 says dont do it

+1
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?