So, yeah. I bought a Peavey Vypyr 15, it was supposed to do the job. It was pretty terrible, not gonna lie. So I took it back and I find myself with nothing to take to my dorm in a week and a half or so.

I need something that doesn't sound like total ass that I can play in my dorm. I managed to get my own dorm (no roomate, woooo!) so size isn't really an issue at all. I'm okay with whatever you guys can recommend, modeling units, small amps, etc.

It must have a headphone out for practicing quietly.

Tone must be passable, at least. I don't want to miss my Single Rectifier any more than I have to while I'm away.

Basically the only thing I can think of right now (since the Peavey turned out to be a pile of crap) is a Pocket Pod or something. Budget is around $150. Any other ideas?
Roland Microcube.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
How about a Boss GT-10 or a Line 6 X3 live? They have pretty good modeling and headphone outs, and you wanted you could plug them into your computer via usb and record stuff (not 100% sure how it works on the line 6 because I don't have one).
You could probably just stretch to a Pod XT, sound great in headphones. If not a Pod 2.0 would be better than the Pocket Pod and that fits in your budget
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Do you guys have some recommendations of headphones that doesn't completely butcher your amp sound?
In the past, I used some cheap Skullcandy and the tone just becomes some trebly rooster cry. So yeah, any headphones that have healthy mix of the whole range?
Quote by sidebuster
How about a Boss GT-10 or a Line 6 X3 live? They have pretty good modeling and headphone outs, and you wanted you could plug them into your computer via usb and record stuff (not 100% sure how it works on the line 6 because I don't have one).

for the x3 live, like you said, it just plugs in via usb and you can record stuff
Vox Valvetronix VT15 or VT30. It's the more "valve-ish" SS/modeling amps out there, and it plays decently at low volume (it's got a built in attenuator). They also have lots of effects and a separate reverb control - and headphone out.
Guitar: Gibson Slash Les Paul Standard USA 2008
Pickups: Seymour Duncan Alnico-II Pro (APH-1)
Amps: Vox Night Train + V112NT - Vox Valvetronix VT30 - Vox AmPlug AC30
Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 10-46
Picks: Jim Dunlop: Jazz III / Stubby 2mm