would the fender samurai noiseless cobalt strat neck and middle pickup match to a duncan invader ok volume wise?
You mean Samarium Cobalt Noiseless?

Might be a bit low in output, of course this is usually remedied by putting the lower output pickup closer to the strings and the higher output one further away.

Why specifically are you choosing the Invader? The tone or the gain?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Maybe not.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
*applauds SYK*

Ahh, the honorable Samurai Delicatessen...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Quote by Shinozoku

Might be a bit low in output, of course this is usually remedied by putting the lower output pickup closer to the strings and the higher output one further away.

Why specifically are you choosing the Invader? The tone or the gain?

haha yeah thats what i ment, sorry i was in a hurry.. i just like the sound of the invader in strats
K cool In that case, it might even out... it might not. If it doesn't there's always a Hot Rails

Stupid name.

for some reason im not quite following you there.. why would the invader split coils any other time then when being used with the middle?
Position 1: Invader (normal)
Position 2: Invader (split) and middle pickup (in parallel)
Position 3: Middle Pickup (normal)
Position 4: Middle Pickup and Neck Pickup (in parallel)
Position 5: Neck Pickup (normal)

You do that because the output (volume) of a humbucker and a single coil wired in series will be higher (louder) than 2 single coil pickups wired in series. This way, Position 2 won't be louder than position 4, or any of the other pickup combinations for that matter...

TL;DR: No the invader will be normal except when being used with the middle pickup.
sorry im kinda a noob here.. so the only difference your talking about from the normal Hss strat configuration is your way has the parallel wiring in position 2 and 4?
Quote by halfj06
sorry im kinda a noob here.. so the only difference your talking about from the normal Hss strat configuration is your way has the parallel wiring in position 2 and 4?

Strats are normally wired is parrallel. Humbuckers are wired in series.

the difference is in position 2.

Position 2 (normal HSS strat): BOTH coils of the humbucker plus the single coil (humbucker+single=3 coils)

Position 2 (Auto-split mod): ONLY 1 coil of the bucker and the single (1 coil+1 coil=2 coils)

Logically, 3 coils will be louder than 2. Therefore, with the autosplit, all positions will be same volume. Without, position 2 will be louder... ok?

Link to normal strat diagram: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1h_2s_1v_2t_5w

Link to auto-split diagram: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1h_2s_1v_2t_5w_as
ah gotcha now.. i thought the hss strats did that automatically. thanks for explaining