Heyooooo

So one day my friend got a ukulele for no reason so i went over to his house to check it out and we ended up just sitting out on the front porch watching cars go by and strumming that thing for hours. I NEEDED one.

I didn't have any money, like always, so i immediately started my task on making one! All in all it took about a week and a half because i worked on it on and off. (By the way i didn't have clue what the hell i was doing and if it would even come out as a playable ukulele but i was bored that week soooo...)

Here's the first cut of the two planks i made for the body. I glued em together and clamped it up.

I then focused my attention on the neck. I was going to make one from scratch but i gave up on that after 10 minutes. Instead i cut the neck off of my little brothers first act 1/4 acoustic guitar! (I gave him another first act guitar that had been sitting around in my closet, don't worry) Here it is after cutting it down to size and a bunch of sanding. I also just got done cutting the headstock design out leaving me with the our holes i needed, not six.

I grinded down the old tuners on it to fit four out of the six onto the headstock and glued 'er on.

Finally! I made a nut and bridge out of some old wood and bought some strings for it. I secured the strings at the bridge by threading them through the body, like a string thorugh design, and wrapping them around some screws that i screwed into the body. Works for me! I bought a crappy little acoustic pickup, drilled out the holes for the wiring and wired it all up! (The input jack plastic piece was made out of an old plastic box i found. I just used a flat side and grinded it to size.

All Done! I you can't tell the frets are scalloped because i just got bored. I love it! it's so much fun and i made it allllll with just a metal bench grinder and a hand saw! I made a strap out of an old belt and im done! Is it not awesome or what. I'm CLEARLY not going for an amazing flamed top finish and nice square edges but it plays! It's bigger than a baritone ukulele too heh heh. I call her Milly Rae and I'm probably gonna airbrush that onto the body just because.

Adios! Hope you all find this as hilarious as i do!
GEAR

Schecter Synyster Custom w/ EVH D TUNA
Peavey EVH Wolfgang w/ EVH D TUNA
Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Marshall Valvestate AVT 50h Head
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Female Fronted Pop/Punk Right HERE For Ya!
thats pretty ****ing win dude. haahah
In a crooked little town,
They were lost and never found.
Fallen leaves, fallen leaves, fallen leaves,
On the ground.
I like it! Got any photos of the front? How did you work the neck joint on such a thin body? We need sound clips!
Last edited by deluthe at Aug 15, 2010,
I just glued the neck straight on! the fretboard hangs over the body a little bit as you can see but the neck stops right at the body. I'll work on some sound clips if i have time lol. Thanks!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

aw man, i was gonna build one of these once i finished my electric violin :\

Oh well, i wont be first, but i'll still do it anyways.

good job, bro.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
To the_perdestrian, I'm just tuning it to a regular ukulele tuning. G,C,A,E i believe...though i might have remembered wrong. Close enough!

To conor1148, Dude i'm 150 percent sure yours is gonna turn out a ton better than mine lmao. Mine could be the "first" but yours will definitely be the best.
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

Quote by rhoadsboy815

To conor1148, Dude i'm 150 percent sure yours is gonna turn out a ton better than mine lmao. Mine could be the "first" but yours will definitely be the best.

we'll see, if it's anything like my first violin then..

EEK.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
It's funny cuz i just got my first violin yesterday. I suck horribly at it but I'm trying. Good luck on your build!
GEAR

Custom Purple Strat
LTD EX400BD
Gibson SG-X
Peavey 4x12 Stereo Cab

I wanted to do an electric uke for a while... may still do it if I find the time/spare parts lying around.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
They sure are. Always have. They have some super cheap ones now though.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas