Hi all,

This is kind of a strange question, but hopefully someone can help me. If you don't really care, just skip to the second paragraph or the tl;dr... Thanks in advance for your help!

I am in an electronic rock band, and currently use a Peavey ValveKing 2x12. Recently, another member of our band acquired a Mesa Triple Rec, which is pretty awesome. We use that for recording, but it's just too much to carry around for live purposes. I also have a small car, so it's not really possible. My ValveKing won't fit in my car easily either. Transportation is the biggest issue for me.

So, I am thinking of selling my ValveKing and "down-grading" to something a little more portable. I will be using it primarily for live shows. I think that all of the places we play mic the guitar amps, so cabinet size is not a huge deal for me. I would prefer a nice, crunchy tube distortion, but I know that makes the amp less portable. Could anyone suggest either a portable tube amp or a decent sounding solid state that I could use for live purposes? I need to have a nice sounding clean channel (a U2 kind of sound), as well as a crunchy distortion channel (blink-182 or something... Haha). Any ideas?! Thanks!

tl;dr - I'm in an electronic rock band and I'm in need of a good portable amp (tube or solid state) for live purposes. Any suggestions??
budget? closest major city? willing to buy used?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
egnater tweaker or jet city 20 are good options that are very affordable.
Guitars
Amps
Willing to buy used and budget is not wanting to spend much more than I'll get back from selling my VK... Thanks for the ideas, guys! I'll check those out!
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Thanks for the help, guys. Wanted to let you know that I ended up going with a Bugera V22. I have heard bad things about the quality, but I tend to be very careful with my gear, so I'm not too worried about that. The tones I am getting from this thing are awesome, though. I can get just about anything I need with only 8 knobs... Haha I can get anything from a silky smooth clean to a crunchy bluesy overdrive to a nice crispy, hot overdrive and everything in between. So far, I love it! This was pretty much an impulse buy. I just walked in with my ValveKing and began trying out a bunch of amps. This was actually the first one I tried, and I loved it from the beginning. Plus, it looks badass, especially paired with my white Epi LP Custom...