Everyone knows that at most grocery stores, along with the brand name food product, they have a cheaper generic brand version of the same food. It's a great way to save a few bucks by not getting brand name food. But, of course there's always a slight difference. My question is, what are the generic brand items that you can't stand and have to get name brand?

For me it's oreos. I'm in love with Oreos, but the generic brand cookies just never taste the exact same or good enough. Plus, they don't taste as good as an oreo dipped in milk. Nothing else in the world can beat a soggy oreo in milk

Not just limited to food, other generic stuff too.

Condoms
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Some products are basically the same.

One of my teachers in College was doing a Promotion plan for Maple Leaf bacon. He was told that they needed 2 kind of packaging: One for MAple Leaf, the other one for President's Choice.

It was the same exact bacon. SAME THING. 45% less expensive.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
...why?

I used to need a fair amount of Advil whenever I got any exercise because of a hurt leg that never completely healed. My parents would save money every now and then by getting store-brand ibuprofen and it never worked.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Soda
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Drugs are grand. But when it comes to foodstuff and drinks etc, they majority of the time they don't taste as nice.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Poptarts, oreos, some clothing, games, and toothpaste.

I had socks fall apart on me from wearing them a day playing tennis. Twas ridiculous.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

I agree with the toothpaste. I have sensitive teeth so I have to use sensodyne. Nothing else works for me except that; not even the Colgate Sensitive Teeth stuff. Only that one brand.

Sainsbury's own tinned tuna is the best I've ever had. Of course, you've gotta add your own olive oil but hey.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
Coke.

Somerfield coke: 20p per 2 litres.
Coke Cola: £2.20 or so per 2 litres.

The extra £2 is worth it so much.

Hah, I remember buying Somerfields own brand coke, that stuff was horrible.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
soup. seriously the extra 30p for heinz is worth it.
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
At Safeway, their new store brand, Refreshe, i actually prefer over Coke or etc... its cheaper, less syrupy, less sugar, and better overall taste IMO.
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
Pizza and shampoo are the only generic items that I avoid. Supermarket-branded pizza is pretty shit.
However, the thing about pizza is that, like sex or Jimi Hendrix, even if it's bad, it's still pretty good.

EDIT: also toothpaste.
Last edited by sashki at Aug 14, 2010,