So i got 1500$ for my birthday 2 months ago and i bought a Epiphone Les Paul Standard 1959 with Gibson pickups , which is a very good guitar .. It cost like something 800$ . Now i got 700$ left and i want to buy some gear for that .
I may need a new amp(tube) . Right now i have a 30w Crate SS amp which actually makes good sound compared some other SS amps that my friends have .
I thought about getting Peavey 6505+ combo for giging but i also need good pedals .
I have a Custom Fulltone OCD for boost and a Boss CE-5 Chorus . Both pedals are nice . I though if im not gonna buy a new amp then im gonna get :
TC Electronics Polytune
Custom Audio Electronics CAE MC-404 Wah
Boss DD-7

I have a Stinger 50W SS amp in band practice and i also gig with it . It makes some nice Marshallish sounds . And next year i probably get lots of money too for my birthday and it would be possible to buy even better amp than 6505+ , some kinda of halfstack maybe ? Is there a point to buy an amp right now then ?

So what would u do in such situation ? What should i buy ?
Thanks and sorry for a long thread .
Last edited by Guitarpwner at Aug 14, 2010,
6505 is an amazing amp for metal, would you like playing metal/hard rock? I'm sure you can EQ it a bit for your tastes, but I know it's a brutal metal monster :p. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the amp have a cabinet out thing? You could use that as a head instead of buying a whole halfstack.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Well, I would DEFINITELY invest in a tube amp. Tell a bit about the kind of sound you want to get, and I can probably think of a good tube amp in that price range. I wouldn't get a half stack with that money. Most half stacks in that range are over-powered solid states, unless you mean those "mini" half stacks like Blackstar models.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
whats the closest major city to you?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
If you're satisfied with your sound on this amp get the effects. If you really need a tube amp get the 6505, and I don't think you'de need any boosters for that amp, it's really heavy stuff.
I'll tell you EXACTLY what I would do (If I had the cash): Get a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and a Wampler Triple Wreck (+- $270), Pricey pedal but worth every cent. The closest you'll get to a real Mesa Recto, guaranteed.

Now you'll have a great clean tone (Fender), great overdrive (Fulltone OCD) and truly great Distortion/High Gain sound (Wampler Triple Wreck). More versatile and good tone you impossibly won't get on this budget.

Hope this helps.
^^ Good quality means no AIDS right ?

Nearest City is Tallinn ( Estonia, Eastern Europe )
I know what sounds 6505 makes and yes i mostly play metal and hard rock .
Well my favourite bands are Black Stone Cherry ,Pantera, Megadeth and Guns N Roses .
I know that guys from BSC use 6505 ( not + models , just 6505 which are more old-schoolish ) .

And @guitarftw : u mean i cant get a decent half-stack for a 1500-2000$ ? umm ..
But u guys remember everything costs more here than in US .
Last edited by Guitarpwner at Aug 14, 2010,
If you're really into metal then the 6505+ 112 is one of the best amps you can buy new in that price range. Though if you're happy enough with your sound you have now you might want to buy those pedals to hold you over and save up more money and get something like the JCA50.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I wish I got 1500 bucks for my bday, ever

6505+ is a good option for you TS.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I wouldnt get the Peavey 6505 for the bands u listed. A blackstar ht-40 would do u good.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Charlie4
I'll tell you EXACTLY what I would do (If I had the cash): Get a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and a Wampler Triple Wreck (+- $270), Pricey pedal but worth every cent. The closest you'll get to a real Mesa Recto, guaranteed.

Now you'll have a great clean tone (Fender), great overdrive (Fulltone OCD) and truly great Distortion/High Gain sound (Wampler Triple Wreck). More versatile and good tone you impossibly won't get on this budget.

Hope this helps.

For the love of god, please do this! I would if i had the money!
You sure you know what the 6505 sounds like TS? It may be a little too heavy for the bands that you listed.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Charlie4

Or you could just buy a Rectoverb and get a real Recto and good cleans, for the same price

TS: My Peavey Ultra is for sale. Much better clean channel, awesome crunch channel and just as great of a lead channel as the 6505 - for cheaper
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 14, 2010,