Im about to add a DPDT switch on my guitar thats has the following configuration:

Master Volume
Master Tone
3 Way Toggle Switch
DPDT switch for coil splitting

Before i do that i would like to ask what configuration of splitting will be more similar to a original single coil.... splitting the slug pole coil or splitting the adjustable pole coil ?, What are the diferences between both tonally?

Finally if someone knows a wiring diagram for splitting the slug or adjustable coil with the configuration above it will be pretty munch apreciated
Last edited by TheStratGod at Aug 14, 2010,
the one closer to the bridge will be slightly brighter, the one closer to the neck will be slightly warmer. as for which sounds closer to a single coil,
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the one closer to the bridge will be slightly brighter, the one closer to the neck will be slightly warmer. as for which sounds closer to a single coil,

Ok, lets suppose that we are comparing the slug and adjustable coils in the same position (Turning the humbucker 180 to compare both tones in the same location) would there been diferences ?
i really don't know

you might need to ask on a pickup-specific forum for that, or hope that corduroy_EW sees this thread (he makes pickups). I'm guessing there's a subtle difference, and obviously going for the screw coil means you can adjust things more... but the position is going to make a difference too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?