hey guys,

i have a question on my guitar i have backwards grounding so when i touch the strings its distorted....
anyone knows a anwser for that....??
i had this problem, just do what supersac says and ground it the right way
hey guys
thx for advice but i dont get how do i ground it the right way....???
help me an amature guitarist
The two wires on the input jack are soldered backwards, just resolder them the opposite way they are now
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
hi u explained it a little but i tried switching cables from my pedal but it still has the same problem.....
and theres another problem i cant solder....wires...never done and dont wanna ruine it....
srry for the bad english
Last edited by 3_doors_down at Aug 14, 2010,
No no, I'm talking about the leads inside the guitar going to to the input jack.

Don't pay attention to the long prong, that's for the instrument cable. There should be a wire going to each shorter prongs. If your guitar buzzes when you touch the strings then these wires are soldered on backwards. Just desolder the two wires and resolder them the other way around
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

I never realized the guitar would even make an audible sound if the wires were backwards...like the TS stated he's a beginner and has no wiring exp so how did this get messed up? Do some companies mess this up during production?
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Some guitars hum a little bit when they're plugged up. But when you touch the strings the buzz goes away, right? Well if the two leads going to the input jack are soldered backwards, the opposite happens. The guitar is quiet but when you touch the strings it buzzes.

As far as companies messing this up... it's a pretty easy to do actually. I would bet that every guitar tech ever has done this at least once in their career. It doesn't hurt anything... just annoying
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

guys thx for this all
but i found out some more when i dont have distortion on its silent even when i touch the strings...en with distortion he buzzes a little and when i touch strings it buzzes some more....
so any anwsers for that....?
Last edited by 3_doors_down at Aug 17, 2010,