Hey all, heres the situation. A good friend of mine recently lent her guitar to someone who sold it while it was in his posession. We are trying to figure out what kind of guitar it was, as she was not incredibly musically savvy and I only saw it a couple times a few years ago. It came as a package deal with a Guitar Research practice amp, and she thinks the package cost around $400. As for the guitar, I recall it being black and somewhat B.C. Rich styled. The body wasn't a smooth finish, rather a very... grainy wood, for lack of better explanation. Can anyone suggest some brands that this might fall under so I can track this down and help her get the money she deserves for it? I know if I saw a picture I would remember it instantly, but I can't even begin to think of what brand it was...

tl;dr

Need to ID guitar. Came in package with Guitar Research practice amp, BC Rich styling with grainy black body. Approx. 400 dollars new. Halp.

Edit: That amp
Last edited by Les_Frederiksen at Aug 14, 2010,
You are aware that amp is a bass amp, right?
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
^ its not a schecter.

but TS, not be honest, most package guitars aren't the best, so she'll be able to get $150. and that's being on the high-side.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Ha, oops didn't look at the pic long enough. The amp looked very similar to that, the guitar equivalent. And i'm aware she probably won't get what she deserved for it, we just want to figure out what kind it was to work from there. Thanks for the replies thus far.
Agreed. Most package systems are pretty cheap and I'd be surprised if she paid that much for it.
Well the price is just a possibly reference, what I'm looking for is possible brands... What kind of brands have a B.C. Rich style to them other than B.C. Rich?
Alright, forget it all I found it all by my lonesome. Brownsville Bat was the correct answer, thanks for playing!
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
Alright, forget it all I found it all by my lonesome. Brownsville Bat was the correct answer, thanks for playing!

Its a county fair?
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
I have never heard of a Brownsville Bat so i did some Google searching. I think this is prolly what the post was referring too

here is a review i seen for the guitar...I loled

""i was given the Brownsville Bat as a gift for my 16th birthday last march, and i have to be honest, this guitar is one of the best. it sounds amazing with or without amplification and distortion, the only problem i see with this guitar is that it's a bit difficult to set it in a stand, but why would you want to put this down anyway?! this guitar is perfect for really any sound, from light rock to heavy metal, this guitar rocks. thanks Brownsville, [...]"