I was wondering about this, do you think big bands like Metallica or Megadeth or Any other band listens to their own songs?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
They have to play the same songs night after night so I imagine they'd be pretty sick of their own songs by now.
Probably not, I think they may like their songs but they probably would rather listen to one of their own favorite bands.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
I remember john petrucci saying in an interview he was listening to the Glass Prison once and he commented on something... I can't remember what he said.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I've heard that Paolo Nutini records an album, listens to it once, and never listens to it again.
Quote by garfgarfgarf
They have to play the same songs night after night so I imagine they'd be pretty sick of their own songs by now.

+1
Dave Mustaine probably wacks off to his own music.

I personally would not listen to my own music. After many hours of writing, recording, and performing those songs, I would get tired of them.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I've read that plenty of artists become sick of their own songs eventually, but I suppose they're happy enough to play it for their fans.
Johnny Depp always talks about how he's never watched his own movies. It makes him feel weird. I could definitely imagine why.
Originally Posted by Spachula
So my band recently played our first gig, and it actually went great. There was only one problem though....
My band is pissed at me now for wearing a banana costume while I performed.

Lars Ulrich listens to Death Magnetic repeatedly while crucifying music pirates. It's true.
Lars said once he downloaded death magnetic to listen to it ... he said if someone has the right to download it it was him .. make sense to me lol
Quote by stratdud39
keith richards does, he said so on his website where he answers emails and stuff (idk if he still has it).

No surprise there, I bet he can't remember most of the songs he recorded, so it's pretty much new stuff to him.
Quote by DaRtHiAn
Lars said once he downloaded death magnetic to listen to it ... he said if someone has the right to download it it was him .. make sense to me lol

statements like these make the image I got from lars ulrich even clearer. He seems like a wannabe professional musician to me. Since he can't persuade with his drumming, he has to drop tough guy comments.

also, I listne to my own music a lot. That's why I'm writing it. I don't see that changing in the future either.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sometimes one of my songs will come up when I put my iPod on shuffle. I usually feel really weird and then just stop listening to music.

I don't like to listen to myself.
why listen to it when you can play it....

in less its a demo and you want to nitpick and make parts better
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Bands should be making the music they love most, and if their music is what they love most, of course they'd want to listen to it. I listen to my own music a lot, but I listen to other bands just as much. But if they don't, no surprise. Touring the same songs over and over for years makes it tiring and repetitive.
In the little bonus DVD on Killswitch Engage's last album they said in an interview (well I think Adam said) that they pretty much only listen to their own music and not any others.

I know there's the whole side to it where you would have spent ages writing and recording and practicing your own music so you may get sick of it, but in theory you should be writing music that you love, which you should never get tired of hearing, so it can go either way really.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
In the little bonus DVD on Killswitch Engage's last album they said in an interview (well I think Adam said) that they pretty much only listen to their own music and not any others.

I know there's the whole side to it where you would have spent ages writing and recording and practicing your own music so you may get sick of it, but in theory you should be writing music that you love, which you should never get tired of hearing, so it can go either way really.

If Adam said it, it was probably a joke.

I personally would get tired of any song, even my favourite song in the world, if I had to play it every night for 300 days a year. I don't know if others would feel the same.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I was wondering about this, do you think big bands like Metallica or Megadeth or Any other band listens to their own songs?
It doesn't sound like they were listening to their own songs, even while they were playing them.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by sashki
Steve Vai once said he likes to listen to his own early work because it captures his mindset at a particular time. He finds some of it weird and embarassing.

Huh, I love Steve's love for music. It makes me feel insignificant.
Linkin Park listens to their songs and says, Oh man, how the hell did we do that?
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Huh, I love Steve's love for music. It makes me feel insignificant.

I remember him saying he likes to find music in everyday activities, like brushing his teeth. And he was serious about it. He talked about how he changed the shape of his oral cavity to make different sounds with it, which reminds me of Tuvan throat singers.
After my band and I finish recording a song, I listen to the finished copy, then say "Alright, never let me hear it again, because I'll just agonize over any improvements for mistakes I've made."
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Quote by Holy Katana
I remember him saying he likes to find music in everyday activities, like brushing his teeth. And he was serious about it. He talked about how he changed the shape of his oral cavity to make different sounds with it, which reminds me of Tuvan throat singers.

That was one of his composing tips. He says he tries to come up with something new every day, and sometimes he will try to write music to evoke something very specific (such as brushing his teeth).

That Vai. He's quite a character.
Quote by kenvy
Linkin Park listens to their songs and says, Oh man, how why the hell did we do that?
*fixed*

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
*fixed*

Lol, I do realize they are a lame band but it's all true.
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
Quote by sashki
If Adam said it, it was probably a joke.

The DVD was them answering questions from fans and one of the questions was "what bands do you guys listen to" (or something to that effect) and the answer was that they had mostly just been listening to Killswitch (in particular the new album).

I know Adam is brilliantly insane but I'm pretty sure he wasn't joking that time, Howard was there too and like agreeing (that is if I'm remembering this right at all).
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by kenvy
Lol, I do realize they are a lame band but it's all true.
I don't mind them, really. I just like to poke a little fun.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411