Sorry I know this topic has been done a million times before but I am a noob when it comes to this probably because I'm an idiot and i barely ever change my strings (tokai love rock, les paul copy) and the last time I just took my tokai to a guitar shop and told them to put the same gauge strings on it. I don't even know what guage are on it but I think 10s are recommended?

So which strings should I buy?

Thanks.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Last edited by demitriv at Aug 14, 2010,
...what?

Try experimenting with gauges to see what you like. If you know you like 0.10s, and you will stay in standard tuning, stick with them. If you want strings that last FOREVER, get some Elixirs.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I really cba experimenting, I just want to buy some new strings and stick them on, I waited like 2 years the last time before I changed strings lol.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Quote by demitriv
I really cba experimenting, I just want to buy some new strings and stick them on, I waited like 2 years the last time before I changed strings lol.

wow are you serious? I change mine say every 2 or so months because otherwise they start to sound dull and then the guitar sounds dull... I like to keep fresh strings on... I hate running my finger along the underside of the strings and a load of gunk coming off onto my hand. A mate of mine hadn't changed the strings on his les paul in 5 years... It drove me freaking crazy... So I went and bought him some strings just to change them. I don't know I might have a mild form of OCD
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
wow are you serious? I change mine say every 2 or so months because otherwise they start to sound dull and then the guitar sounds dull... I like to keep fresh strings on... I hate running my finger along the underside of the strings and a load of gunk coming off onto my hand. A mate of mine hadn't changed the strings on his les paul in 5 years... It drove me freaking crazy... So I went and bought him some strings just to change them. I don't know I might have a mild form of OCD
5 years?! I'd be lucky to go a month and a half without breaking them. I change my strings about every three weeks. Two months isn't bad at all. I do gig a lot though, so that's my excuse. Haha
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by DaMarsbarPerson

Yea, they were still fine though, my hands don't really sweat much whilst playing so... my guitar teacher was so suprised when I told him and even he said they looked ok.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4