The port city wave 2x12 OS with WGS V30 speakers.
It is really big for a 2x12 cab, but the sound... OMG

My sounds sounds huge and tight as hell. I had never heard anything soo tight in person. The sound is absolutely insane.

thought I'd post this as many of you, as I used to be may be wondering if spending money on a high end cab is worth it. It is. It wont change your sound but it will refine it by giving it more body and articulation

Happy new cab day! It looks pretty killer. I can't wait for my new 212 to arrive in a few weeks, I'm sure it will be worth it.

What was your old cab? how would you describe the differences exactly? The design is really cool.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
I was runing it through a fender and a b52 at once. The b52 gave it body and the fender clarity. This thing has more of both things than both the fender and b52 together
When I took it out of the box it was soo beautiful. Then I took it to the studio and the sound. OMG

The muted notes sound so amazingly punchy and tight. I am really glad I got the veteran 30s instead of the celestions. I hear people say the wgs ones have a much tighter bass and that is one of the things that has me most ecstatic.

I expected the V30s to be bright, but in the port city it sounds soo balanced and never harsh, and it sounds much bigger on its own than the two cabs I used to have put together. I am definitely going to have to add one more cab in the next year unless I get a second amp to run them simultaneously.

The fender cab on its own would get harsh at the EQ balance im running, and the b52 would be muddy if it was not EQs bright. So I had to use both cabs at once. This thing pumps incredible tightness. I am a new fan of both WGS and Port City.

Daniel from Port City is a great guy who helped me with all questions I had with is a major plus for the company.
Last edited by nyandres at Aug 14, 2010,
Awesome man, I'm happy for you. From what you say they sound like awesome cabs. I'll be waiting another 2weeks for my new Mills Acoustics Mach 212B. Mills Acoustics has a great reputation and I can't wait to try it out, upgrading from a Line 6 4x12 with "Custom" V30s (I don't like the custom tag..lol.)

I can't wait to try it out and break the V30s in. I'm sure it'll sound awesome.

Whats the Portcity cab design like? Is it closed back with the little opening in the front for a combination of open/closed back?
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
HNCD! Those are some excellent cabs, congratulations.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by RocknRory
Awesome man, I'm happy for you. From what you say they sound like awesome cabs. I'll be waiting another 2weeks for my new Mills Acoustics Mach 212B. Mills Acoustics has a great reputation and I can't wait to try it out, upgrading from a Line 6 4x12 with "Custom" V30s (I don't like the custom tag..lol.)

I can't wait to try it out and break the V30s in. I'm sure it'll sound awesome.

Whats the Portcity cab design like? Is it closed back with the little opening in the front for a combination of open/closed back?

Yeah, it has an opening in the front. I was considering the Mills Acoustic Cabs as well. Im sure they are great cabs as well. Perhaps next year I get one of those to combine... If I can get the money that is hehe.
^At that point you should probably look into upgrading your amp instead.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ibz_bucket
^At that point you should probably look into upgrading your amp instead.

I am thinking of getting a second amp instead to mix and match. I am really loving the tone im getting. Its smooth and tight as hell.