Poll Options
View poll results: Do You Bargain?
Yes
23 68%
No
11 32%
Voters: 34.
Hi guys,

this is a poll of whether you bargain or not when you buy your guitar. This includes asking for a discount or like asking if you can give you something free. Also include how much of a discount you ask for and what you ask for.
Yeah, I usually say something like : 'Look at this scratch that is under the volume knob and that is nigh on invisible' until I freak them out and they cave. I have literally gotten 100 euro knocked off a guitar for that exact complaint.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
definitely. whether you get a good chunk of change knocked off, or you only get a pack of strings; it's worth it. hell, even if you don't get anything at all, at least you tried!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Anytime I buy something from a music store thats over priced I tell them about the MSRP of the guitar/amp/ect and I make sure to talk about it nice and loud so people hear me and it starts to freak them out, so they knock it down below the online price.
i try not always successful though. on the rare occasions that i trade in stuff at GC i do some wheeling and dealing to get what i want at a decent price. sometimes i've managed to squeeze a little more out of them on the trade ins. i've found that you can usually get a better deal if you are ptting he money towards another used item.
It depends. If I'm buying from Craigs List I always try to talk them down, but if I'm buying at Guitar Center or some big chain store, I don't even bother. I know a lot of people on here have their stories, but the one near me literally doesn't do that. They won't even give you strings, they're such dicks.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
you can always get up to 10% off at GC or Sam Ash.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^ Well yeah, they almost always have some kind of coupon floating around, that's not really what I meant. I don't really consider that "bargaining", you know?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
^ Well yeah, they almost always have some kind of coupon floating around, that's not really what I meant. I don't really consider that "bargaining", you know?

where did i mention a coupon?

with their coupons, you can get up to 20% off.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I haven't shopped enough at stores to bargain there, but with used things I usually talk people down a bit under what they ask. But that's just common sense when buying used

I think at a shop i saved 20 bucks on my SG...and scored a free strap.....nothing special
No, because chain stores won't discount anything anyway and I don't really like making small independant stores take more of a hit than they do already. I got a small shop here to knock £200 off the price of a Fender Am Deluxe Strat once and felt so bad about it that I returned it that afternoon and was very happy to find out they had sold it for their original price three days later.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I got $50 dollars off of my jagmaster, and I got it new, and I got an actual Fender pup put in for free.
I got my fretless SG for $70 when the seller said it was going for $80. He even threw in a nice gigbag.
I got my amp for $120, and the pawnshop wanted $130.
So I've gotten some decent deals.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I've gotten $20 off a guitar I bought in a pawn shop, got a free trem bar and trem setup for the same guitar from Guitar Center (the sales guy told me I'm there a lot so he doesn't mind doing little stuff for free so I don't know if that counts) and I got a free power supply when I bought my Jimi Hendrix Wah (It was the same guy and all I did was ask if it came with one)
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
Nope.

Employee discounts and custom guitars FTW.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Got almost $75 off my Ltd because it was a floor model, and a free strap.

It was at a Sam Ash where nobody ever seems to try out any of the floor models, so it was pretty much mint!
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275