Okay so i made a post on here a few days ago about how my triple x is having major volume problems and is very low. So today my friend and i retubed it hoping the volume levels would return to normal. It didnt. so we turned the amp around to look at the tubes and they were blue, which i hear isnt good. So i say to my friend lets turn it off and he hits the standby switch, suddenly the blue goes away and the tubes are orange again.
Any correlation?
Do i need new pre-amp tubes?

Thanks
I have heard of an issue with the earlier runs having a bias resistor which is prone to melting down. Open it up and see if anything looks burnt.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
I have heard of an issue with the earlier runs having a bias resistor which is prone to melting down. Open it up and see if anything looks burnt.

mines the combo with a 2004 date on the back but i opened up parts, im pretty new to tube amps so im not exactly sure what im all looking for but the pre amp tubes seem to have some black coating on the upper part. there is also a part on the combo which is on the right side of the amp, not sure what it is but it seems to have something melted on it, glue or something
Correction: it's a screen grid resistor you're looking for. I just did some googling and apparently the original resistors couldn't handle EL34 tubes. Is that what you're running?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Blue just means there's signal running through them. Red isn't good.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
il try and post some pictures in a bit.

and no im running 6l6s through it, what does the resistor look like?

sorry if it takes a while for me to reply, were doing cosmetic works with his amp.
for 120 watts my amp at ten should be shaking houses right?
Quote by metallicaman051
il try and post some pictures in a bit.

and no im running 6l6s through it, what does the resistor look like?

sorry if it takes a while for me to reply, were doing cosmetic works with his amp.
for 120 watts my amp at ten should be shaking houses right?
Yeah, it should be inducing permanent hearing damage at that point.

Pics would help a ton.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

here are the pictures

you can see the blue in the tubes after the stand by was turned off.

when the standby was on then there was no blue going.

i have no clue what can be causing this problem but the volume is extremely quiet even run through another cab.

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/amp1o.jpg/

http://img96.imageshack.us/i/preamp.jpg/

http://img231.imageshack.us/i/tubeblue.jpg/

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/tubeblue2.jpg/
Are you running anything through the effects loop? I noticed a dramatic increase in volume when ran effects through the loop and turned the mix volume up
Yeah, we're not gonna be able to help with just close-ups of tubes.
We need to see some circuitry.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

These amps are very simple to troubleshoot.
1. Make sure you have all good tubes installed.
2. Spray some Radio Shack Electronics Cleaner in every jack. (totally safe as long as the amp is unplugged)
3. For EL34 and KT77 tubes, set the bias at 39 mA.
4. Use say a Eurotubes bias probe (and tube adapter) to check the bias on each powertube socket. If you get a reading on each socket, great, if one produces no reading the screen grid resistor is damaged.

I promise you following those steps will get your amp up and running. For screen grid resistor replacement you MIGHT need a tech.