Unless I have terrible luck I'm going to be buying a new amp soon. I've played a large varity of amps in (and outside of) my price range from several brands, read a lot of reviews, and I've narrowed it down to three used Peavey amps.

1-Valveking 1x12 Combo
If I get this I'll probably end up replacing the speaker. I've read the first few pages of the Valveking thread and played one several times.

2-Classic 30 1x12 Combo
I've only played this a couple times. I found it sounded a little too thin and trebley but that could've been the way I was eq'ing it seeing as I liked the classic 50.

3-Cassic 50 4x10 Combo
I have no experience with this layout of the amp but I have played it as a Head and 1x15 cab and I liked the way it sounded. My only concern is this amp will be too bulky and a little too loud because of the amount of speakers

I play Classic Rock/Blues Rock (Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Rory Gallagher) and Hard Rock (AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, KISS)

This amp is for home use and band practice (hopefully gigs soon) the other guitarist in my band has a 100 watt half stack so I need to be able to keep up with him.

My current gear is an Epiphone Les Paul Special II, Epiphone SG, and Jackson JS-1 Dinky (might be selling soon) Dunlop JH-1B Jimi Hendrix Wah, Boss ME-70, and a Peavey Vypyr 30.

I'm pretty set on one of these three amps, but if anyone has other suggestions feel free to put in your two cents. My Budget is $300 US max, I don't have a job and I'm starting college this fall. (I'm going to be living at home so I don't need to worry about dorm friendly volumes or anything like that)

Long story short- more then likely going to buy one of these three amps, I play Classic/Blues rock and Hard rock, suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
I like my 30. I agree that it's a little too trebly though. After messing around with the eq I don't really notice that anymore but I also hear that a change of the tubes or speaker helps that out while also massively improving the tone...which I generally like anyway.
Quote by Dio10101
It seems like you like the 50 best. Get that one i think, after trying to eq the 30 a little bit.

Thanks for the quck replies
Whatever one I go with I'm getting on guitar center's website, and the only store in the area that has a Classic 30 (this is where I tried one) doesn't have it anymore so I can't try different eq settings now. Also, the Classic 50 I played was a head and 1x15 cab version, it's way too expensive so now i'm looking at the 4x10 combo. Does anyone know how the tones of the two would compare?
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.