Hi everyone, I've recently been doing a school project where I modified my Yamaha strat copy (model is EG 112).

What has been done to the guitar:

- Replaced pickups with EMG 81 in bridge, EMG-S in middle and EMG 60 in neck.

If you don't know about these the 81 is great distorted for anything from rock to death metal, has OK cleans but not great. The EMG-S has amazing cleans and is good for mildly distorted bluesy stuff. The EMG 60 also has great cleans, and also sounds good for distorted stuff, but more for rock kinda stuff.

- Replaced tuners with Gotoh locking tuners.

- Put strap locks (I'm pretty sure they're schaller, cant remember for sure, but I still have all the parts that goes with the strap)

- Changed all the electronics (pots, switch, jack).

- Repainted the guitar - Now this is the bad part, I was kind of in a hurry to finish modding it by the time I got to refinishing, and I've kind of messed it up. I was gonna do a swirl on it, but for some reason my paint mix didn't work so I had to keep it white. The paintjob is not a quality one, there are some visible mess ups and there are only 2 or 3 coats of the main color (white) and not that much clear.

There is also another minor aesthetic thing, when I modified the pickguard to fit a neck humbucker, I enlarged the hole too much and now there's a gap.

So this guitar sounds really good if you're into anything like metal, rock, etc. but like to have nice cleans, all the wiring was done very carefully and the soldering is quality, the only part that was rushed was the painjob, but this is a minor downside in my opinion.

I've spent around 500-600 dollars on this guitar, but I know I can't sell it for much because of the paintjob. So offer up!

Pictures on my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53045235@N06/

If you're interested or have any questions, feel free to post here or email me at fil654@gmail.com
I find doing mods like this on cheap guitars is pointless because most of the stuff you buy to use with it costs more than the guitar itself.