i'm looking at getting a pair of Monitors at some point and i was wondering how i could hook them upto my current audio interface with the 2 main 1/4" Jack outputs already in use.

Here is an image of all the interface's features:

i'm already using the 2 TRS Outputs on the right of the top picture for my Headphone Amplifier. i tried using the Headphone output to the Amplifier but came out mono panned hard left.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Would something like this work for the headphone amp, then put the TRS outputs to the Monitors?
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Aug 14, 2010,
yeah, that looks like it should work tbh. I had a similar sort of setup on an old mixer my band used, and we were trying to do the same sorta thing, and that worked =]
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Why can't you use the RCA outs?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Why would the RCA outs be any worse than the quarter inch ones? Most stereos (AFAIK) use them exclusively for speaker connections, don't they?

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Over distances that short, you will *never* notice the difference between balanced and unbalanced cables.

Besides, do speakers even *have* balanced inputs? I mean, sure, you can use a balanced cable to get there, but if the input isn't balanced, it's a waste of effort and money.

CT