Hi guys, Im trying to get the type of tone and effects they use for the solo in the song. Don't look back in anger. Can you guys help me out with that one? I have the RP500 and the roland 20x.

Thanks in Advance
I have the RP500 as well.

Okay, first we look at noel gallagher's gear. He is most commonly associated with the Vox AC30, although he has used many other amps. I would use the TS9 as the overdrive, and tweak it from there.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by corrupt_freedom
is it possible to get tha ttone with the RP500 though?

You mean a Vox AC30 with a Tubescreamer in front? Shit yeah. Well insofar as you can get a modelling pedal to sound like the real thing, yes it's possible.

I've just listened to the song a few times, and that's all it sounds like. Fiddle with the gain and EQ and whatnot, and you should be able to do it.

Reply back if you need me to explain exactly how to do it in the RP500 editor.

PS: You bumped after 9 minutes? Don't be impatient dude.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Stop freaking bumping.

Where I live it's 12.30pm, and I was having lunch. Now I'm back.

Okay, you need to plug your pedal into your computer using a USB cable (not supplied). Then, install the drivers and software from the DVD that came in the box. When you have X-Edit 2 running, let me know.

i have it running now, and im sorry i just want to get it done today cause i almost gotta go to sleep soon
Okay cool.

Now, you want to call the tone something. In the red text box at the top, write OASIS or something that you will remember.

Next, select the Amp Model as '63 AC30 TB. I'd leave the gain where it is, and the EQ is probably reasonably good as well. You will want to fiddle with this to get it right though. I don't have the time or inclination to figure it out myself.

Then select Distortion as Screamer (the default setting). Turn the drive back to around 30, and tone to around 60. Make sure the red light under the Distortion text is lit..

You might want to fiddle with the compressor a bit as well, maybe put it on low to smooth out the lead a bit.

Then lastly it's the parametric EQ. This is the bit that makes or breaks a sound. I'm not going to tell you how to do this; you only learn by taking the time to do it yourself.

There shouldn't be anything else. If you can nail the EQ, the rest should be easy.

Finally, save it, and then select the number preset you want to overwrite. Then Press Ctrl+T, and select the tone to save to your RP500. When that's done, the tone is saved and you can play it wherever you have the pedal.

Good luck.