Page 1 of 2
Just curious as to what sort of guitar strap you guys have. Is it just a plain strap, coloured, or does it have a design (what kind of design). How many of you have strap locks (what kind?).
plain old Levi's nylon strap. brown. Rush pin.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I have a Planet Waves Joe Satriani - Up In Flames, and another Satriani one, with skull drawings on it. Then I use Ernie Ball strap locks
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
black leather wide strap with 4 equal sided crosses that possess skulls on top these are not designs but actually jut out of the strap.

Its awesome
I have one of the Dimarzio straps made from the stuff used on car seatbelts. You have to take out the normal strap screws and put new ones in with the ends of the straps and you click them on. It's pretty comfortable
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
dimarzio clip-lock on my dkmg
and nothing yet on my ltd ec-1000 (i hate going to guitar shops. but i have to find something individualistic for this guitar)

All with Dunlop strap locks (keep em clean and oiled)
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Planet waves nylon, with dunlop strap locks.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have two, my one that I switch around is a tan Fender cotton strap. Simple, light, and comfortable. My other one is a Levy's. Cotton with a print on it. There's a picture of it on my Jazzmaster in my pictures. I want to get one for each of my other guitars though, I like having them be specific.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
My main is a brown leather strap from the '70s. No lie. It was my dad's old strap.

My backup is a wide leather strap with the Spade, Club, Heart, and Diamond on it. Black strap, the card symbols are red and white.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Way Cool JR.
A leather signature Paul Stanly strap it has metal stud stars on it. Great for my 80's rock star look My other guitar just has a plain red Ernie Ball strap with several pins on it.

Nice Geet! Straps with metal studs worry me on good looking guitars though.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
I don't use a strap, they give too much haunting mids and dampen my sustain.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta

But your crystal lettuces must suffer!
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Padded black leather Levy's, and some random 2" nylon one that came with my first guitar.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Planet Waves Joe Satriani straps. ^_^ I've got Up In Flames and the Snake design. Love em.
Guitars:
Ibanez JS1200
PRS SE EG S/S/H
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535q
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
Morley Little Alligator
Boss DD-6
Amp:
Carvin V3m
Carvin 212 cab
Wide leather straps always. I'm old enough to enjoy a bit of luxury on my old shoulder, comfort over image everytime. Carrying old motorbike injuries demands it really. My favourite is a handmade 3 1/2" two layer suede one made by a local leather worker.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Planet Waves Satch straps are my fav. Though my RG2EX1 rocks a pink/black striped strap.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
TGI Wide Brown/Black Leather strap. IT weren't a bad strap for £10
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by littlephil
Dimarzio Cliplock, but I dont use it much. They dont go short enough for me.

That's a problem I've had with most straps I've tried. They all go super low but none go super high. I like my guitar at chest level.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
That's a problem I've had with most straps I've tried. They all go super low but none go super high. I like my guitar at chest level.

Yeah, I play Petrucci/Morello high, but I'm not particularly big, so even with the strap as high as it goes its still just too low for me to play comfortably.
Quote by littlephil
Yeah, I play Petrucci/Morello high, but I'm not particularly big, so even with the strap as high as it goes its still just too low for me to play comfortably.

Find a leather worker (ask in a saddlery) and get it made exactly how you want it. You won't regret it, a good leather strap will last for decades, esp if you use something like Schaller straplocks on it..
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Find a leather worker (ask in a saddlery) and get it made exactly how you want it. You won't regret it, a good leather strap will last for decades, esp if you use something like Schaller straplocks on it..

I settled for cutting and re-sewing the Cliplock, like a lot of people have, but a good leather strap would be nice, I'll get one eventually, but its not that important right now.
2.5" DSL Leather Strap, Black on top, red on bottom with padded shoulder area. Really comfortable, smells nice, local leather too.

No straplocks, the holes on that strap are tight enough.
an Ernie ball strap, (5,90e here) and Ernie ball strap locks in black (22,90e here). Both workin fine. The straps just black, doesnt feel like its gonna break or anything...

EDIT:

Quote by WtrPlyr
one like this

Ernie Ball

And a Levi's standard leather strap.

thats actually the one that I meant exept I use some EB strap locks.

Eric Clapton plays with 6e straps! xD
Last edited by fc89konkari at Aug 15, 2010,
I use the Dunlop strap with the grommets on all my guitars. I find them extremely aesthetically pleasing, and they feel good to me too.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dunlop-D-38-Grommet-Nylon-Guitar-Strap-364055-i1130391.gc
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Raijouta

You damn fool. Mids are teh secks, and sustain is for noobs.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Page 1 of 2