Poll: Would you want to go skydiving?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you want to go skydiving?
Yes
105 81%
No
25 19%
Voters: 130.
Page 1 of 2
Some friends of mine are going skydiving in a little under 2 weeks. I have the opportunity to join them, but I don't know if I really want to or not. It's a relatively small jump, only about 3000 feet, and it's only $250. I'm 17, and about to go to university next year.
I'm not really the adventure seeking type, but I've also realized I've never really done anything exciting in my life. If fact, I'm generally afraid of heights; I don't want to pussy out at the last minute. I don't think I'll regret not going, since I won't know what I missed.
What would you do?

EDIT: Poll included, though it should probably read "Would you go skydiving?".
Last edited by mulletboy14 at Aug 14, 2010,
I had a dream about that last night actaully, skydivving.

do it. Only one guy died in my dream.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I personally wouldn't. But if you are going you will have to a tandem jump (I think), where you are strapped to an experienced diver and they release the parachute. Unless you are going with some strange company that allows you to jump alone.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
DO IT. Nothing, in your life will ever parallel a drop like that.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by mulletboy14

I really don't care if I go though, and it also means I'm down $250 bucks.

It also means you'll go through one of the biggest and most exciting rushes of your life....

Or you could just buy some cocaine
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
I wouldn't do it. Not because I'd wuss out (although I would be pretty terrified), but because I think $250 would be better spent on something else. That's not to say don't seek adventure. It's just there are other ways of finding it. So pretty much do it if you have money you don't mind blowing, and don't if you don't.
$250 to jump out of an airplane?

Why can't you buy a Funhouse instead?

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Go skydiving. Some of us don't have that luxury. I wish I could.
Imagine that feeling.
I'd keep the money and spend it on books, but I am a very boring person.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

GO! Why would you pass up something as fun as this?
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
1.don't skydive
2. Save $250
3. Buy heroin for less than $100 with the money you saved
4. Get better rush than you wouldve skydiving
5. ???
6. Profit
Do it.
If you don't do it now, just make sure you do it at least once in your life (unlikely if you don't decide to do it when your young).
Once you get on the ground, you're gonna look up and think, "Damn, this was a moment i will remember for the rest of my life" and for the rest of the day you will be smiling thinking about it. Do it man, buying material objects is cool, but getting yourself into situations like this are the sort of moments you will cherish forever. You'll love yourself for doing it.
Why should you have to pay $250 to jump out of a plane? I mean, there have to be better uses for your money.
Do it, but go higher. The higher the better. Bungy jumping- also an incredible rush, I might recommend it more than skydiving.
1 person out of every 5 never hits the ground
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Quote by guitarlord28
1 person out of every 5 never hits the ground

So that's where clouds come from.

Do it man. It can only kill you once.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'd do it in a heartbeat. Then again I'm not scared of heights, and love adventure and adrenaline.
I don't think I could do it. I'd have to pump myself up with some pretty bitchin' music to pull it off.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by Metalology
I don't think I could do it. I'd have to pump myself up with some pretty bitchin' music to pull it off.

You'd have no trouble at all. I'd push.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I would love to go sky diving, even though I'm crazy afraid of heights. I just think that hurtling towards the ground at some fast speed would be fun.... Till I hit the ground..
Yes, go. After my first jump I was watching the experienced jumpers freefall and swoop and thought, wow that would be cool. Now I have over 1300 jumps. Haven't been in a few years though, they don't do it where I live now.

It is the coolest thing after you get certified and can jump from 12,000 ft by yourself or with friends. Also after you learn its only about $20 a jump depending how high you go. I guess i spent a lot of money over the years but it was fun and I never even broke a fingernail- did have 2 cutaways though.
You should go.

Would I go? Hell no. I just couldn't do it, even if I wanted.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

dont be a bitch, id love to do that.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Well, I know that I want to try it before I croak, but my god, that is kind of steep.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Well, I know that I want to try it before I croak, but my god, that is kind of steep.

Straight down baby.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
DO IT DO IT

DO A FLIP BUT DO IT

oh and yea bring the parachute i guess
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Page 1 of 2