I have recently been interested in the Instrumental Prog Metal genre (lol) and i've been listening to the obvious bands such as Scale the Summit and Animals as Leaders and i'm really starting to get into it. Can you guys reccomend some other bands like the two above to help me get started into the genre? Thanks.
an endless sporadic and spastic ink
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 14, 2010,
Next time if you could please post things like this in the recommendation thread at the top of the page, that would be great You'll get better responses there, and it keeps the forums cleaner. Here are some bands for you to look into though:

Blotted Science
Canvas Solaris
Liquid Tension Experiment
Sleep Terror
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Next time if you could please post things like this in the recommendation thread at the top of the page, that would be great You'll get better responses there, and it keeps the forums cleaner. Here are some bands for you to look into though:

Blotted Science
Canvas Solaris
Liquid Tension Experiment
Sleep Terror

+1 to rant and Liquit Tension Experiment

also check out john petrucci's solo work
its pretty good
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
DREAM THEATER and associated acts like Liquid Tension Experiment, as suggested. The guys have done solo work as well as A Night with Petrucci and Rudess, quite good as well.

Petrucci is a golden guitar god.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
DREAM THEATER and associated acts like Liquid Tension Experiment, as suggested. The guys have done solo work as well as A Night with Petrucci and Rudess, quite good as well.

Petrucci is a golden guitar god.

i was going to platinum petrucci prince
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Well, Liquid Tension Experiment is the obvious choice. Actually, Dream Theater, while not entirely instrumental, have had a lot of great instrumentals, like Erotomania, Stream Of Consciousness, or their entire Instrumedley (which is just a lot of solos put together).

Plus there's the John Petrucci solo work.
We are one, and we have found they only wanted you around to hold it down, so hold your ground, we won't be here forever.