I recently purchased for an extremely reasonable price a Carvin x100 mark 2 its an '88 i believe and was wondering what i could use to put in the Fx loop to give it more gain i'm going for like a Killswitch/ parkway drive sort of distortion and i'm pretty sure a simple OD like a bad-monkey is'nt going to cut it my MXR 10 band has little effect either so i need a pretty heavy distortion pedal and would like some recommendations as my other amp is a Bugera 333 i have had no need for any sort of distortion pedal, Thanks guys.

Agile AL 2000 white chrome w/floyd
Jackson Dx10d Dinky with Swapped neck pup
Bugera 333-212

Peavey Vypyr 75

You don't need to put an OD pedal in the loop.

Put your Bad Monkey in front of the amp's distortion. The X-100B has a graphic EQ already, so you don't really need the MXR M-108 with it.

Otherwise you could save up and get a Maxon OD808... pretty sure Killswitch actually use those pedals.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah, dude. the point of an OD is to push the amps front end by slamming it through the preamp, unless you want to use it as a solo boost for pure volume. then you put it in the loop.

If you already have a bad monley, give it a try. if it's not enough, try something like a Boss BD2 or an MXR GT-OD.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I am most of the time but i got the carvin as a backup/amp to lend my other guitarist as his is dying slowly. This morning i found an old behringer dist pedal i had and put that in front of it and it sounds reasonable for now until i can buy a better OD to put in front of it.

Agile AL 2000 white chrome w/floyd
Jackson Dx10d Dinky with Swapped neck pup
Bugera 333-212

Peavey Vypyr 75