Hi guys,

Im having a bit of trouble playing solos. I can play most of the solos that I learn but the problem is, I can't seem to play smoothly. For example, in the song Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis, I know all the notes for that solo, and I can play it with the song and all that. But whenever I try to record myself playing with the song, its really choppy. Any advice on how to make my playing smoother?

Thanks in Advance
If by chance you're not doing so, figure out what key the solo is in. Than practice the scale around where the solo takes place. Doing this will help you map out where your fingers should land. Of course theres still things like accidentals and what not, but it will greatly improve your accuracy and memory.
how long have you been playing for? Because i remember being in that kind of situation for the first few months of playing. The more you play the smoother you'll get, things will come more natural, and you'll get better at not just playing the notes, but playing them in a certain way.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Aug 14, 2010,
Play other stuff... It'll come... I think its always so cool when you can't do something just right, so you come back to it in a few weeks or months and it sounds great cause your fingers already know where to go from before
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Make sure every note rings until you play the next one. Try to not have a pause in between two notes, even if it's only a quarter of a second. Slow down the solo and practice specifically on this part of the playing. In my experience, not tying your notes is one of the biggest causes of "choppy" playing.