Just picked this amp up today, used, it's the older cc2 model 2x12 combo from last year. I am absolutely loving the cleans, and when I play lightly, the way the top boost channel breaks up is beautiful, overdriven open chords and power chords are absolutely dreamy...

But, I cant seem to break into leads on this amp, as soon as I start playing higher notes aggressively I get a nasally type tone that I don't find too appealing.

I don't think there is anything wrong with amp, I guess that just the way it sound with my playing style.

Anyway I'm looking for a nice overdrive that will really sing through this amp, I am looking for a Gilmour esque sound.

Perhaps some eq suggestions as well?
Gilmour sound? Ram's Head Big Muff. Stomp Under Foot makes one.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Gilmour sound? Ram's Head Big Muff. Stomp Under Foot makes one.

First thing I thought
Has anyone tried the ProCo Rat?

I guess what I really need is a nice smooth overdrive, the natural OD on the amp is very harsh and trebley, I need something that will smooth out the top end.
ProCo RATs are sexy as all get-out with AC30s as are Crowther Audio Hot Cakes. Food for thought.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Quote by walruscore
ProCo RATs are sexy as all get-out with AC30s as are Crowther Audio Hot Cakes. Food for thought.

I use a Hot Cake in my rig, it's an incredibly warm, smooth overdrive... especially if you switch it to the Bluesberry mode, I'd highly recommend it. From what I hear, they were designed with AC30s in mind...
Quote by flatulentmatt
I use a Hot Cake in my rig, it's an incredibly warm, smooth overdrive... especially if you switch it to the Bluesberry mode, I'd highly recommend it. From what I hear, they were designed with AC30s in mind...

You just bumped a real old thread, bro...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??